Search This Blog

Friday 30 October 2015

Awesome Pack Big Kids October 2015

We have been officially Awesomed, and right on time for my birthday weekend :D  I was hoping my Awesome Pack would show up before the 2nd and when I got home today to this lovely box on my step, I was super happy that my wish came true. 

So, as you're probably wondering what this package is, let me explain...it is...Awesome lol You have the choice between two different Awesome Packs: 
Awesome Pack Family : geared towards families with kids of all ages to encourage family activities.
Awesome Pack - Big Kid: this is the one we opted for, geared towards big kids at heart.
Before you get your first box, you fill in a questionnaire so you can get a better fir to your family.  Example, I informed the company that the box is for myself and my partner (32 and 33 years old) and a few of our interests.  They also try to find out which games you already own so they don't send you a duplicate.  Pretty cool, right?
Prices are $44.99 for US and $49.99 for Canadian residents.  I'm trying to verify if there's shipping but I can't find anything about shipping on the website.  I believe it is free.

When I first open the box, first thing we see is this:



















I like when the insert shows you what you got but would have liked value as well.  No big deal though, I'll find these games online for you.

The big game in our Awesome Pack is Pamplona  valued at 35.75$ based on BoardGameGeek.com. Plays 2-4 players ages 8 years old and up. It also seems like a pretty simple game to learn how to play and I'm looking forward to trying it out. "Pamplona faithfully reproduces the running of the bulls in all its aspects: bravery, euphoria, adrenaline, but also tactics and management." - As described by Awesome Pack.  I am a big fan of strategy games and it sounds like this will be right up my alley.

Scopa is "a fun and fast paced game where skill and chance rule".  Based on BoardGameGeek.com, it retails at approximately 15.00$ and can play 2-6 players 8 years old and up.  Seems like a pretty simple card game and I like that it's still playable when it's just me and Alex.  I'll likely give this a try sometime this weekend.

Next, we have Dark Stories - 50 twisted tales: "a creepy bit of fun", valued at 6.75$ based on BoardGameGeek.com.  Funny how the cheapest item in the box is the one that gets me most excited.  This plays 2-15 players and best for players 12 years old and up as you probably guessed, the contents are mature.  If you've played twenty questions, this is similar.  There's a master that picks a card and is tasked to read the first blurb and then answer yes or no to questions from the other participants until the mystery is solved.  Sounds like fun!  Who doesn't like a murder mystery :)  Of course, not for the faint of heart.

And then, Alex claimed this last item for himself : Halo Micro Action Figure.  They are 3.99$ each and I believe Alex got a common one.  He liked it very much and commented on how he remembered his figurine from the game play.  I didn't retain the name of the figurine because I did not play Halo, so it just flew over my head but I'm glad he likes it.  It was a common purple one, let's see if you can figure it out lol (Zombie Infected figurine).

All in all, this Awesome Pack was valued at : 61.49$ which is slightly more than my subscription price.  I am really happy to get three new games to try out and games I would not normally pick out for myself but I am more than happy to own now.  I am very satisfied and looking forward to seeing what November has in store for us.
As always, questions or comments are always welcomed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment