Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 November 2015

BzzCampaign "Review" - Pop Stream

So this is a new kind of review I am doing today.  I signed up with BzzAgent so they can send me things to review.  So what is BzzAgent?  It's a website where you fill out a bunch of surveys and based on the answers you give, you may or may not be chosen for certain campaigns.  It's completely free and all you need to do is write reviews, talk about the products you're trying and participate in the Campaigns requirements.  You also have a certain score you need to keep up by doing these kinds of activities and ensure the likelihood of being chosen for these said campaigns.  If you're interested in signing up, you can do so here, by clicking on this link.

The first campaign I was offered was Pop Stream, a board game about movie trivia.   People who know me well know I love board games so when I was offered this 25$ game for free from BzzAgent, I was more than thrilled to accept it.

Turns out, I might have been a little bit too impulsive, by no fault of BzzAgent.  BzzAgent did specify I'd need a tablet to play this game (I have one and Alex has a phone tablet), and that we would need a WIFI connection (we have that too) and to buy some batteries (not a problem there).  A little research into the product before I received it revealed that my tablet and Alex's phone tablet do not meet the minimum requirements to play this game, so I'm at a stand still until I invest in a new tablet (Alex is fairly confident we can get one for 100$ but I have 1001 places I'd rather spend 100$ on).  Luckily, my friends have a tablet so we could try this game out at their place on our usual game nights.

The game has over 1000 clips of movies where you try to answer multiple choice questions to earn points.  It can play 2-8 players and some of the questions are about older movies from what I have seen so far, so it would require players to at least be knowledgeable about 90s movies and up.  We did have a lot of fun playing this game, and I think the funniest part was setting up our avatars and choosing our team names.  (Alex is in the tuxedo and my friend Marc in the blue dress lol)


The multiple choice questions were pretty challenging; you do have to be a movie wiz to get all of them right; but getting answers wrong just adds in the entertainment.  You also have a choice to trick the other team in having to answer by pressing the button and selecting pass (green cylinder) but try not to do it too often as the goal is to earn points by bidding 500 (red cylinder) or 1000 (blue cylinder).



There are, however, a couple of drawbacks.  The first problem - the red and blue buzzer buttons are a bit cheap and tend to get stuck, which sometimes ends up delaying the game.  The second problem - it takes forever to set up the tablet so it matches the angle of the board...it really is a precise calculation and it won't start unless it is exactly just right.  That took us a good 5-10 minutes to get it working properly.  Lastly, as I already mentioned, you do need to meet specific requirements for tablets to play this game...it's unfortunate because I think this could be enjoyed much more if it could be played with different platforms..(thinking laptop with webcam maybe?).

Bottom line, I did  enjoy this game and absolutely do recommend it but make sure you meet the proper requirements for tablet before purchasing.  I leave you with a picture of the winning team.  Yes, that's me in the blue dress and my good friend, Melissa in the tuxedo - ha ha ha.  Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment