Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Fortune Cookie Soaps - Get What You Get Grab Bags

There's nothing like receiving a box full of Fortune Cookie Soap goodies after a 12 hours shift at work, no seriously, there's really nothing that beats this for me.  I was super thrilled to be getting this, and I think Alex was too as he helped me by opening the box for me and we were immediately greeted with awesome fragrances promised by Fortune Cookie Soaps.  I LOVE IT!

First off, let's show you the things we knew I was getting, as I redeemed my 10$ on two soap bars and a wooden soap dish:

 
This Groovy Beech Soap Dish is exactly what we've been wanting to prevent our soap from getting mushy.  For some reason, we have a hard time in that factor as water seems to accumulate in the built-in soap dish in the shower.  So this will be perfect to keep the soaps lasting a long time.  and it was accompanied by a red FCS sucker, which I consumed immediately.  Pricing on this soap saver is 6.95$.
This Cotton Candy Soap Bar smells exactly like you'd imagine it would smell...a dream!  I am a huge fan of anything cotton candy, so I obviously could not resist.  Valued at 6.95$

This Yipes Stripes Soap Bar smells like fruit gum.  It is as beautiful as it is awesome in scent.  Also valued at 6.95$

And as you remember, there was a sort of grab bag event called Get What You Get happening at FCS and I got two bags.  Each bags cost me 10$ but they were definitely worth more than that.
First bag had this variety of items:
a body wash, a hair spray, an OCD hand sanitizer and a whipped cream (yay!)
Wendy Bird from the Straight on Til Morning collection and smells like "bright green apples with a tropical twist" I like it very much and it is worth 10.99$.  This, alone, covers the cost of the grab bag.
Helmet Hair is a hair spray that smells like a soft floral scent with notes of strawberry pie.  It gives texture to the hair without the crunch and conditions it at the same time.  I am really looking forward to giving this one a try.  This is valued at 9.99$.  If you're keeping tabs, that's now double what it cost me to get this bag and there's still two more items!
Mele Kalikumaka OCD Hand Sanitizer smells like "tropical spiced rum and Tahitian vanilla sprinkled with jasmine petals and undertones of wood" and is valued at 2.89$ like all other hand sanitizers but cannot be found on the website (not even in their museum...strange),  I like a good hand sanitizer though, especially since it's that time of year when everybody seems to be getting sick...

American Royalty Whipped Cream has got me doing flips all over the room...I LOVE this smell!  There's just something particular about this one scent that drives me nuts.  As you remember, this was part of the Fall Collection for Old Hollywood and it smells like "Rose milk, thick honey, and warming tobacco blossoms wrapped with caramel and notes of mandarin" Honestly, this scent is out of this world.  This is the 8oz one and it's worth 16.49$.
So my first Get What You Get grab bag was worth 40.36$ and I only paid 10$ for it.. pretty impressive, right?  Well that's not it.. I got a second one to show you!
Got some bath salts, OCD hand sanitizer, whipped cream and body wash.
As mentioned in the previous item, I love American Royalty scent so when I saw that I got the American Royalty Bath Salts in my second grab bag, I was super thrilled!  I can't wait to soak in this soon.  I won't repeat what it smells like, as you can just scroll up two paragraphs but I am super happy.  This item is worth 10.99$.  Again, I cover the price of the grab bag with just this product alone.
 We're All Mad Here OCD Hand Sanitizer from the Wonderland Collection smells like "playful mint waters and natural leafy green performs a masterful balancing act with musky rich cedarwood" Honestly smells quite nice and I've always been a fan of musky smells so this is right up my aisle.  And this is valued at 2.89$.

Kiss Whipped Cream from the Straight on Til Morning collection is another fantastic smell : "exotic watermelon, juicy pineapple, and coconut water, bursting with fresh citrus juices".  Can you say yummy?  I am happy to give this scent a go, especially since I am a huge pineapple coconut fan.  This is valued at 10.99$.
Jello Surprise Body Wash smells like festive plums with a zesty curl of citrus all wrapped-up pretty-like with winter orchid and soft sandalwood.  There's something to say about how pretty this body wash is to look at but it also smells pretty amazing too.  This is valued at 10.99$.

So my second grab bag is worth 35.86$ and again only paid 10.00$ for it.  I am duly impressed and convinced I'll need to participate any time FCS decides to do a Get What You Get event.  I love very single item I received!  What do you think about what I received?  What item seem the most interesting to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment