Search This Blog

Friday 13 November 2015

Julep November Birthstone Welcome Box:

Because I unsubscribed from Rainbow Honey a month in advance and also cancelled my Ipsy Bag as well, I decided I would sign up for Julep one month ahead of time too.  Lo and behold, there was a code to get my first month free (actually more than one) and I decided I could not resist these colors so there you have it.  I got two nail polish subscription boxes inside of one day.

For those of you unfamiliar with Julep, it is a monthly nail polish and beauty product subscription at a reasonable price of 24.99$/month.  If you sign up on the 3-month plan (pay for three months all at once), it costs you 19.99$/month.

Subscribers get to pick their choice of beauty product and nail polish on the 20th of every month and get billed on the 27th.  They are also free to skip a month if needed.  I am looking forward to doing my first pick next week.

Here's the first glimpse at the box:
Since my address was on the front of the box (darn!) I didn't want to show you the box itself.  It would be nice if it were placed at the bottom instead.

Items included in this box are 3 nail polishes and 1 eye liner.

First item I am showing (with swatch) is the Julep Eye Glider Gel Eyeliner in Smoky Taupe Shimmer.  This retails at 16.00$ or 12.80$ if you are a Maven.  I really like the color on this and this is not the first time I have tried this product...what I don't like is the pencil is wrapped in plastic, which makes it that much harder to sharpen...I don't know if anybody has any tips for that...I unfortunately end up wasting a lot of the product as I have not mastered that yet..  I'm happy to get this though... it stays put once applied and is perfect for hazel eyes.

And here are the nail polishes included in this November birthstone box.  The blue color is the one that drew me in but the other two are equally as gorgeous.

First there's Louisa May - Citrine for November - retails at 14.00$ or 11.20$ for Mavens.  It is described as citrine birthstone iridescent shimmer.  This rose golden hue is perfect for the fall weather and I am definitely looking forward to sporting it as my next manicure.

Next there's Colton - retails at 14.00$ or 11.20$ for Mavens.  It is described as a black iris creme. It's a bit purple but barely.. so dark it looks black.  It it similar to their Logan, except this one does not have shimmer.

And lastly, there's Paulina - retails at 14.00$ or 11.20$ for Mavens.  It is described as peacock duochrome.  As mentioned above, this color is the one that sold me out on getting this box.  It is so gorgeous and I do not have any color quite like it.  Love it!

If you're keeping tabs, that's 58$ worth of products for free!  Not bad for my first box.  I am really looking forward to seeing what my next box reserves for me.  Any question, do not hesitate to leave them below or leave me a comment to let me know what you thought of this box or for tips on how to sharpen a plastic pencil.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment