Search This Blog

Thursday 12 November 2015

Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Unboxing November 2015

I got my Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag in the mail today and I have to tell you, this is the last bag I will be getting as I have unsubscribed...but when I saw what I got in my bag this month, I regretted my decision somewhat...As some of you know, the formula of their lacquers have been a hit and miss for as long as I have been subscribed...but last month, the formulas were a dream and this month's lacquers also applied fantastically.  That was my main reason for wanting to unsubscribe...that and the fact I reach out to my Julep polishes more than I do to my Rainbow Honey ones...

Rainbow Honey also switched things up with their mystery bags this month...I don't know if it's something they intend on continuing or if it was a one time deal but I was pretty shocked to see 2 full-sized lacquers instead of three mini ones, as per usual.  Apparently the Mini Mystery Bag includes three beauty products and 2 full sized polishes while the Regular sized Mystery Bag included 5 beauty products and 3 polishes.  And also, their bag changed!  Here's how it looks like now:
 How cute is that?  it's a mini drawstring bag with Rainbow Honey logo.  I'll be re-purposing this for sure!

Okay...I'm ahead of myself... Here's the details for Rainbow Honey:  There's different kinds of subscriptions for different kinds of people :)
First, there's the Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Mini at 12.95$ (this is what I am reviewing)
Then there's Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Larger at 25.00$
There's Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Just Nails at 16.00$ (includes 3 nail polishes or two with one nail care product)
There's Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Just Body at 16.00$ (includes 3 full-sized body and bath products)
And there's an all new mystery bag starting in December is the Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Just Soap at 15.00$.
Shipping is free to US and 6.95$ for Canadians
My thoughts were : "they had to come up with a soap subscription on the month I decided to unsubscribe, right?"  I would really like to subscribe to it...I guess we'll see in the near future if I do it or not...  Without further ado, here's my review!

 First item is Dirty Mintini Sugar Lip Scrub (.25oz) tastes like chocolate mint (delicious!) and formulated with shea butter and Vitamin E to make lips smooth and silky.  I've had their lip scrubs before and the texture on this one is a tad less gritty than the previous one.  I enjoy this one better.
**Large Mystery Bag gets a .50oz container of this
Next there's White Soothing Tea Body Lotion (1oz) is scented just like the name says it.  I find this to be a very clean scent though I find the formula a tad watery...maybe I've just gotten used to Fortune Cookie Soaps Whipped Creams...Any way, this promises to repair and regenerate dry skin.  I'm starting to get cracked skin so this is good timing.
** Large Mystery Bag gets a 4oz container

Then there's Cucumber Mint Tonic Cuticle Balm,  I have had their cuticle balm sticks before and honestly, this is my preferred method of hydrating my cuticles...I find cuticle oils a tad too greasy but this is perfect and honestly smells pretty fantastic!  I really can't complain when I get this in my Mystery Bag
** Large Mystery Bag also gets two other cuticle balms in: Lemongrass & Lime and White Soothing Tea.

As for my two nail polishes:
Left, we have Interstellar Ice described as "Diamond Dust collides with Cosmic Ice, a star is born and this icy blue topper will turn heads".   They recommend wearing it over the other polishes included in the Mystery Bag..and let me tell you, I put it on top of Bloody Weapon and my nails look like a galaxy!  I LOVE IT!  This dries gritty, so a good topcoat may be required.
Right, we have Bloody Weapon described as "rich, dark and bloody!" In my opinion, it looks like a purplish burgundy reddish color.  I really like it!
** Large Mystery Bag also gets Pyro Bot Nail Lacquer which apparently is a magenta metallic.  I've had other lacquers from their Bot collection and did not like their formulas much so I'm OK with not receiving this, although I would enjoy having a magenta polish...

That sums up my Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Review.  Keep in mind I have unsubscribed and this is my last review (at least for now) of Rainbow Honey Subscriptions.  What did you think of the changes in this month's subscription?

No comments:

Post a Comment