Search This Blog

Sunday 22 November 2015

Awesome Pack Big Kid Unboxing November 2015

I wasn't expecting my Awesome Pack until tomorrow, so when the doorbell rang and this cute package was in Alex's arms, I got really excited to discover what Awesome Pack thought we could enjoy on our game nights.

So, as you're probably wondering what this package is, let me explain You have the choice between two different Awesome Packs: 
Awesome Pack Family : geared towards families with kids of all ages to encourage family activities.
Awesome Pack - Big Kid: this is the one we opted for, geared towards big kids at heart.
Before you get your first box, you fill in a questionnaire so you can get a better fit to your family.  Example, I informed the company that the box is for myself and my partner (32 and 33 years old) and a few of our interests.  They also try to find out which games you already own so they don't send you a duplicate.  Pretty cool, right?
Prices are $44.99 for US and $49.99 for Canadian residents.  I'm trying to verify if there's shipping but I can't find anything about shipping on the website.  I believe it is free.

First thing I pulled out of the box is this:
 This is a poster and I pretty much laughed out loud when I read it.  This is going up in my office room as it does match the colors and I think it's pretty humorous.

And this just about made me melt...they sent me a birthday card! How awesome is that!  Big points for you Awesome Pack; you did fantastic with just these two items.  But no, this is not the only things I got...these were just thoughtful.

I pulled out this Wooly Willy retailing at 4.96$.  I swear, the instructions on the Awesome Pack Card made me crack up : "I think Wooly Willy needs and Awesome Movember Stache!! Don't You?"  Yes, yes, I think he does.  I think this is fun, silly and I can definitely see having this in my office (I'm a psychotherapist) and have my nervous clients occupy their hands as they try to talk about important things.  I LOVE IT!  Sorry, Alex.. I am claiming this as mine :)

Thanks to a friend, I got an add-on because she used me as a referral (thank you Sarah!). This is Babylon valued at 8.99$.   Described as a fast-paced strategy game played with 2 plays 7years old and up.  When we say fast, apparently they aren't kidding...a game can take only 5 minutes. Based on what I am reading, the goal is to create a tile pyramid.  Can only top the bottom tile with one of a matching color or a smaller tile.  I will give this a try with Alex today.

We also got Farkle Nano (keychain form of a game) valued at 5.99$.  Plays 2-8 players ages 8 years old and up.  I've never played Farkle but I read that it's a classic.  This is a dice rolling game and objective is to collect 10 000 points by scoring your dice rolls (click here to know the value of certain rolls).  Seems a lot like yahtzee/poker but scored differently.  We'll also try this out later today, sounds fun.

Sign of the Pagan has got me all kinds of excited; this really looks like my cup of tea.  First, the description as given by Awesome Pack " Sign of the Pagan from Richard Berg portrays the most famous battle of one of History's most feared figures - Attila the Hun."  I was very much into history when I was in high school so I am well aware of who this is and to have a game based on his story makes me soooo thrilled, I can not even fake it!  This is valued at 19.99$ (the cheapest price I saw of this game), it's a 2 player game for people 13 years old and up.  Game play is also approximately two hours, but that's quite alright, that just means quality time with my man.

And the last game is called Zong Chi "In a large town in Old China, several talented artisans, masters in their own right, aspire to become recognized as Zong Chi - The Grand Master Craftsman.  You are one of these master artisans!" Alex broke the seal of this box as soon as I took it out of the box to learn the rules and as he explained them to me, I can't help but see the similarities between this and Lady of Waterdeep.  I really enjoyed that game so I know this is a win for me.  The quality of the pieces in here is really good too.  So this plays 3-5 players ages 13 years and up and plays 60-90 minutes.  Worth 44.24$, this almost covers the whole cost of the box.

Curation of this box really great and I got about 85.00$ worth of products, not to forget the awesome poster and birthday card that accompanied the box.  I have to admit, I am super happy to have hopped on the Awesome Pack bandwagon and definitely looking forward to next month's pack.  If you're subscribed to Awesome Pack, let me know what you got?  Does any of the games I got intrigues you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment