Search This Blog

Friday 29 April 2016

Awesome Pack April 2016 Unboxing

Today was a work from home kind of day and while I was busy reviewing assessments throughout the whole morning, I was happy to find this lovely box on my front door step when I paused for my lunch break.
 

So, as always, I'll give you a run down of what is Awesome Pack: You have the choice of two different packages:
Awesome Pack Family : geared towards families with kids of all ages to encourage family activities.
Awesome Pack - Big Kid: geared towards big kids at heart, obviously the one we opted for.

Before you get your first box, you fill in a questionnaire so you can get a better fit to your family.  Example, I informed the company that the box is for myself and my partner (32 and 33 years old) and a few of our interests.  They also try to find out which games you already own so they don't send you a duplicate.  Pretty cool, right?
Prices are $44.99 for US and $49.99 for Canadian residents. Shipping is free.

Awesome Pack actually listened to my feedback about their brand products and sent me a pin this month!  I'm sorry, Alex already claimed it and I forgot to take a picture of it. But I am quite happy it wasn't another poster/postcard/bookmark.


Speaking of bookmarks, I got this lovely bookmark in this box.  This is an Official Munchkin Bookmark and as you can see on the official website, you also get to play it during a Munchkin card game.  I am super happy to e getting this, because, guess who found their lost Muchkin Cards! We did! They are worth 0.50$ based on this website, but this is more valuable to us since this is one of our favorite games.


Since we're on the Munchkin topic, I was also very thrilled to be getting this Munchkin Marvel game valued at 24.95$.  This is especially awesome because...hey Marvel!  I'm obsessed with Marvel anything so yes, this is epic!  Also, we are talking about Munchkin as well.. A great combo!  Guess what we're playing tonight!  Munckin plays 3-6 players ages 10 years old and up (some mature language in this game) and game play really depends on the players.  Can go from anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours.


And while we're on the theme of Marvel, I got another Guardian of the Galaxy Dorbz.  This time I got Korath which is now sitting next to Nebula on my shelf.  Based on this site, his estimated value is 10.00$.  He's actually worth more than Nebula.


I had a good laugh when I pulled this item out.  My Little Pony Collectible Card Game simply isn't something I would reach out for but now that I have it, I will give it a try.  It's a 2 player game for players 10 years old and up and game play is typically 20 minutes.  This retails at 10.99$ on this website.


And last game I got in my Awesome Pack was another one that made me laugh...but for different reasons.  It's called Poo The Card Game.  It plays 2-8 players for ages 8 years old and up and typical game play is approximately 15 minutes.  You're basically all monkeys and you're flinging poo at each other (of course, not literally!).  You can get this new on Amazon for 14.69$.

That concludes my Awesome Pack review.  The retail value of this box totals 61.14$ which is a tad more than what I paid for this subscription.  I am very pleased with this month's selection and defenitely looking forward to what next month has in store for us.  As always, thanks for reading and I welcome any comments or questions you may have.  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment