Search This Blog

Thursday 7 April 2016

Awesome Pack Marc 2016 unboxing.

As mentioned yesterday, I was greeted with a bunch of packages on Tuesday night when I came back from work and it really felt like Christmas for me :)  We already know I got my FitBit Charge HR (which I absolutely love!!!), and that one package was my Julep Maven April 2016 box.  The last package was my Awesome Pack for the month of March 2016.  It's a tad late this month but Awesome Pack really do have great customer service; they informed the customers affected by late shipment, so we're not left wondering what happened to our much anticipated game box discoveries.

 So, as always, I'll give you a run down of what is Awesome Pack: You have the choice of two different packages:
Awesome Pack Family : geared towards families with kids of all ages to encourage family activities.
Awesome Pack - Big Kid: geared towards big kids at heart, obviously the one we opted for.

Before you get your first box, you fill in a questionnaire so you can get a better fit to your family.  Example, I informed the company that the box is for myself and my partner (32 and 33 years old) and a few of our interests.  They also try to find out which games you already own so they don't send you a duplicate.  Pretty cool, right?
Prices are $44.99 for US and $49.99 for Canadian residents.  I'm trying to verify if there's shipping but I can't find anything about shipping on the website.  I believe it is free.

This month, I requested something funny...and they absolutely listened to me once more... But first, let's see what else we got in the box...
 I got another Awesome Pack post card.  I mentioned in my survey that it would be nice to get other things than posters and post cards from Awesome Pack.. I prefer to post cards to the posters though, as I can defenitely use them for something productive.  Sorry it's a tad blurry.  It reads "To be Awesome you must Dream Awesome!!!".  It's cute.  I don't mind it at all.

This is the main game.  It's called Codenames (RV 22.95$) and it plays 2-8 players (or more), players must be 14 years old and up and game play runs for about 15 minutes... short game but it sounds fun.  Here's what Awesome Pack has to say about it "Be an awesome spy master with this simple yet challenging awesome game!  Two rival spymasters know the secret identities of 25 agents."  Here's a video on how to play.

And here's my funny game.  It's called Pretense (RV 10$) and can play 2-12 players for players 14 years old and up and the time frame for this game is all night during your board game night.  Here's what Awesome Pack has to say about it "Players are dealt roles and have the entire night to complete their secret objectives."  So excited to be getting a kickstarter game too!  And honestly, I can see this becoming a fun add-on to other games.  To read more about it, here's the creator's blog.

We also got a 1000 pieces puzzle for ages 12 and up.  This one is from the Seasonal Splendor Americana series and is very difficult to find online.  Prices for these kinds of puzzles range from 12-15$.  Thinking on trying my luck on this puzzle this coming weekend.

Last item is a Funko Pop Pin in Marvel Iron Man (RV 3.99$).  This is super cute and will likely be pinned on my jacket or my purse.  I'm a huge Marvel fan so this is greatly appreciated!

That concludes this month's box review.  I really liked the items in this month's box and the price I payed for it matches the RV of the items inside it.  Also, some of these items are guesses since I could not find the real retail value online.  Looking forward to seeing what is in store for the month of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment