Search This Blog

Sunday 6 December 2015

Fortune Cookie Soaps 12 Days of Christmas Box

Before I get into what this box is, let me first warn you that this will be a different kind of review.  This is not a subscription box; it is a one-time-only box, and I seriously could not resist it.  When Fortune Cookie Soap announced they were doing a 12 days of Christmas Box, I got suckered up and could not resist (I mean, who am I kidding?  I have a hard time resisting ANY specials from this company).

The 12 Days of Christmas box is themed after A Nightmare Before Christmas (if you haven't watched that movie yet, go watch it now!  it's very sweet and different).  I received the box on December 2nd BUT I can't open the things inside the box until specific dates.  Let me show you what it looks like and then I'll explain what you're seeing.

Every single item in the box is individually wrapped with a specific date stickered (yes, that's a word in my dictionary lol) onto it.  So, in other words, it's kinda like an advent calendar, except it's in a box :) I am really looking forward to unwrapping the items in this box but I must be patient until December 14th.  Here's how I plan on doing this review:  instead of doing 12 different blog posts about each thing I unwrap, it will all be on this review.  So I will be updating this blog post every day until Christmas.  See you on December 14th! ;)

DECEMBER 14th :
 First look at this, and the feel of it had me guessing right off the bat that this was an OCD Hand Sanitizer, but the question was...what scent is it?
And the answer is : Easter Town which FCS describes as "an ooey gooey treat of pink sugar with a smear of black licorice" I`m a bit surprised Easter Town does not smell like chocolate as that`s the first scent I`d associate with Easter.  But, I actually like this scent.  Off to a great start!

DECEMBER 15th
Funny how this package had me stumped..I did not know what it was until I opened it and was feeling really dumb when I saw it lol
Second Day on Christmas reserves us a Fortune Cookie Soap in the scent Oogie Boogie/  The Description card says : "My bugs! MY BUUUUUUGGS!! COME BAAAAAAACK!!  A mix of smushed winter berries against a backdrop of sweet muted cinnamon."  I really like this scent; kind of smells like Christmas.  And it now resides on my bathroom sink sill.  :)  Love it!

DECEMBER 16th
 Since the first two were gifts were signature FCS items and this felt like this was in a round container, I guessed this would be a whipped cream...but in what scent?

Halloween Town!!! and OH MY GOD this smells decadent!  According to product card, the scent is described as : "Buttery cutout cookies with frosting sprinkles, powdered sugar and a thick smear of sticky bubblegum."  Yummy!    Loving this scent very much and glad that out of all of the scent, this one was chosen for whipped cream!

DECEMBER 17th
Tried to feel my fourth gift but honestly, was not sure what was in this bag.  It was the biggest one yet and the texture was different.  A bit grainy...can you guess?
A BATH BOMB!!!  Yay!  I love bath bombs!  I'll so have a bath tonight!  This is in the scent Jack (I think that's obvious lol) which is described as :"with notes of iced lemon and airy menthol, warmed by woodland moss and smashed cranberries"  I can't smell it through the plastic wrap but if the menthol is prominent, it will be great for me tonight as my nose is a bit stuffed up.

DECEMBER 18th
 The fifth gift of Christmas is tubular and does not make any noise when shaken...I am kind of stumped...I was thinking bath salts or bath milk?

And...I was wrong.  BUBBLE BATH!  Yay!  I love myself a nice bubble bath!  This is in the scent Sally described as "For our favorite rag doll, we wanted to create a fragrance that captures her spirit.  Fresh breezes, fluttering white cotton and dry crackling leaves, held together by twine."  This smells lovely and I think I'll soak in a bubble bath tonight just so I can smell like Sally :)

DECEMBER 19th
 My sixth gift is quite small and round so my guess was a lip balm...and I'm wrong.

This is a salve in the scent Sandy Claws which smells like "Melted chocolate and chai and yumminess.  Mhm." This smells really great.  The chai is very prominent to the point I thought this was gingerbread.  But when I smell again, yes, there's definitely chocolate to this.  I had to look up what salve was on the FCS site because I wasn't sure.  This is to be applied to any dry patches of skin to soothe it and restore it. Perfect!  I have really dry hands lately...keep applying lotion all the time so I hope this will help :)

DECEMBER 20th
 On the seventh day of Christmas, I got something liquid...my guess before opening it was a Mist Me.  But, I was wrong.
And I'm glad I'm wrong; I've wanted a Personal Space Air Freshener from Fortune Cookie Soap ever since I have become acquainted with their company.  This is in the scent Lock, Shock and Barrel described as "Frosted woods of pine and pruce warmed with hints of spice."  Well there's no such thing as a hint of spice, because that's what I smelled right off the bat, cinnamon.  But now that's I'm aware of what it's supposed to smell like, I do smell pine and spruce.  Smells great!

DECEMBER 21rst
 The 8th day of Christmas reserved me a present with a dropper on the top, I can feel it.  Was trying to think about what products would have a dropper as part of the container and could only think hair oil?  That is, unless they came up with something new altogether...
But, I was right!  This hair oil is in the scent Thanksgiving Town described as "Brown sugar dusted graham crackers, vanilla frosting, creamy caramel, and plump, juicy raisins."  This smells amazing and am extremely thrilled I'll sport this scent in my hair all day.. yummy! And I can never go wrong with hair oil as it repairs and nourishes dry damaged hair.  Not saying my hair is in bad condition because surprisingly it's still doing quite well regardless of all the colors and bleaching I've subjected it to.  But I do like to add hair oil to their daily routine.

DECEMBER 22nd
 Well, small round containers obviously have me confused lol I did guess a lip balm last time, so dare I guess this again once more?  Yes, I dare.
And I'm wrong...but I did get half of the equation right...this is a Lip Scrub in the scent/flavor What's This? which is described as caramelized pear drenched in sweet vanilla. I added flavor because you can't help BUT taste it when you scrub it on your lips.  It does a really good job at exfoliating the lips too (not trying to compare but I did get lip scrub in another subscription I have since canceled and this one does a much better job).  So there you have my 9th gift from Fortune Cookie Soap.

DECEMBER 23rd
 Shaking my 10th gift up a bit, I could here the liquids sloshing left and right and I thought to myself, the only signature FCS item I have yet to receive was a perfume oil.  And...

Turns out I am right!  This is in the scent Christmas Town described as "a classic Holiday blend of mulled fruits, followed by a crisp Douglas Fir middle-note darkened by warm patchouli, and musk."  So it really smells nice, but I think I would have prefered this earlier in the box because it really smells like Christmas.  I don't know how long I'll be able to wear it!  But I do think it smells great!

DECEMBER 24th
 Merry Christmas Eve to all of you!  One more gift after this one.  I shook it but I won't pretend I didn't know what it was because some genius spoiled this gift for me before I opened it...it was posted on a subscription box swap sight I often frequent at the beginning of the month...*sigh*
My 11th gift is Dry Shampoo in the scent Zero which is described as " Ghostly billows of sweet peppermint, with just the faintest whisper of pumpkin".  Regardless of having been spoiled, this is a great gift to get, and this is a HUGE bottle too.  Smells very good too :)  So no complaints here.  See you tomorrow for the very last gift! :)

CHRISTMAS DAY
 So the last Christmas gift was pretty evident since they had to ask our size when we ordered the box...
It's a gorgeous Fortune Cookie Soap shirt with Jack on it.  I know what I'm wearing today... especially since I just want to be comfortable today :)  Love it!

Verdict: That wraps up the 12 days of Christmas with Fortune Cookie Soap. I can honestly say I have used each and every one of these items, some are even completely used (bubble bath, bath bomb, whipped cream).  The others should last awhile but they are absolutely appreciated :)  I enjoyed this box very much and will likely be getting one next year if Fortune Cookie Soap repeats this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment