Search This Blog

Sunday 22 November 2015

Ipsy Unboxing November 2015

 Before I start my Ipsy review for the month of November, I must advise you that this is the last Ipsy unboxing.  Yes, I am stopping my subscription one month ahead of time and I will explain why when I get through the review.  However, that is not to say Ipsy is not a good subscription, it actually is.  It just might not be the subscription for me as I am a bit more picky than most people when it comes to products I receive...

If you`re not sure what Ipsy is, it`s a make-up subscription where you get to try out  beauty products every single month for the price of $10US.  For Canadians, Ipsy is a tad more (about 19$Canadian) taking in consideration US-Canadian conversion and shipping. The value of the items in the bag can double or triple the amount you pay per month, which makes this subscription, in my opinion, one of the best beauty subscriptions out there.  You also collect points each month, and, you can redeem them on other products you`d like to try out. To subscribe to Ipsy, you can click here or you can subscribe directly with them if you prefer on their website.

The bag this month is pretty neat and the material is a bit slinky.. sorry, it' hard to describe...
Before we get into the contents, I did en up redeeming some points this month and got these items:

 These Jersey Shore Spa Lip Balms come in a variety of flavors and retail at 10.00$ each.  I'm a bit shocked at how much these are worth but they are quite tasty.  I got one in Apple Harvest and another in Pumpkin Spice.

First item is INSPR eye shadow in the shade Carnival.  Honestly a beautiful golden brown shimmer that will accentuate the gold in my eyes.  I like it, just a bit sad that this shade seems to be on repeat in my Ipsy Bag... I'd like to try different colors out of a palette, but it seems Ipsy is stubborn and wants to keep my eyes in the neutral shades, oh well.  I will wear it though.  Pricing for full-size is 13.00$ and I know this is not full-size...maybe half that?  I'll go out on a guess that it's 6.50$

This is the Crown Brush is C412 DLX Pointed Crease retailing at 12.38$, presently on sale for 4.95$.  This is another product I'm a tad bit disappointed with.  Don't get me wrong, I love this brush and I will use it but why do I get eye shadow brush after eye shadow brush after eye shadow brush?  I mean, if they are so set on sending me a brush, at least send me one that I don't have...like a blush or bronzer brush?  But I can't deny that this brush is super soft and that I will use it...

Then there's CoolWay Strong Hold Spray, this sample valued at 3.02$.  Hmm...my hair is really thick, frizzy and in no need to spray whatsoever.  Actually, I have hairspray set as one of the products I would least want to receive just because my hair does not handle hairspray well.  I'll give it a try but I am not holding my breath on it.  It does, however, smell really nice...

And next, we have Liquid Gossamer by Jelly Pong Pong valued at 22.95$ (this is a full-sized product).  The amount of shimmer this packs is beyond amazing and this is a total win for me (yes, at least there's one good thing out of this bag and it covers for the cost of the subscription).  This is absolutely gorgeous!

And last product is Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, this sample being valued at 7.40$ as it is approximately 1/3 of the full sized.  I can't complain about getting mascara as this is my go-to product I must wear every day.  I, however, received a mascara just last month, and would have liked something different.  BUT, I will use this, regardless.  The brush is nice and bushy and definitely is different than the previous one I got.

This months bag was worth approximately 52.25$ if we don't count my add-ons...but if we do, it' wroth 72.25$...that is simply insane!  I must admit, I didn't think it was going to be worth this much, so this is a surprise for me. I will try each of these products, even if I'm a bit disappointed about the variety.  I'm open to any feedback or questions you may have,

No comments:

Post a Comment