Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Project Candy Box November 2015 Unboxing

I'm here today, to continue my trend of reviewing candy/snack boxes available to Canadians.  Today, I am reviewing Project Candy Box, a Canadian candy box that ships out 10+ items per month for the reasonable price of 23.00$ + 7.00$ shipping.   I have to add, their customer service is also fantastic.  I asked a question about my order and had a prompt response within the day from the owner himself.
First off, this box is very appealing to look at. I like that the shipping label wasn't put on top.  Shaking it lightly, I heard a lot of rattling which got me even more intrigued.
First look after opening the box : I see a few candies peaking through but not clearly, they are well hidden by the styrofoam peanuts and Welcome Card which specifies they regularly do giveaways on their Facebook and Twitter pages.  This month was their birthday month, so their box is jammed packed with items relating the birthday celebration.

Mike and Ike Berry Blast was selected because these look like the sprinkles we add on top of birthday cake (how silly and it did bring a smile to my face reading that on Project Candy Box's website).  I've had Mike and Ike's before, though not in this flavor, and I very much enjoy this jelly bean like treat. 

Kabaya Grape Candy is a new candy for me.  The packaging is ultra cute and when I look inside, these look like there's also orange and apple flavors.  They are little pieces of hard candy and they are quite flavorful.  Due to the fact these are Asian, I have a hard time finding it online but if ever I find this again, I know I'd grab some more.  I like them.

Sugar Straws (6) are also a childhood favorite and since these are individual and no words on them, I can't link you to the name of this brand or cost.  But I can promise I will enjoy these, especially the blue one.

Milo Pitaki Apple Pie is a Greek treat that is apparently packed with flavor.  Although various flavors were randomly asigned, I am super happy I got the apple pie one as it is by far my favorite fruit.  I will definitely enjoy this treat.  And unfortunately, I can't link this one either as I can't find it online.

Walkers Original Toffee is something I've never tried but I have heard of people raving about this so I am more than happy to give this a try.  Apparently an English toffee that melts in your mouth.  Who here does not like toffee?  So this should be a win for many recipients.  When I look at the website, I realize I've tried their Yummy Banana flavor, and honestly, the texture of this toffee is beyond amazing.  Since I'm allergic to bananas, it wasn't the best item for me.  So this one will be a bigger hit for me.

Bit-O-Honey is a honey-flavored taffy with almonds mixed in it.  I've never had this either but I am intrigued.  I love honey, so how can this go wrong? 

Maynard Beanz is like jelly beans in flavors of most popular gummy candies.  I got Sour Patch Kids flavored, and I'll be honest, I've had these before, but I also am a major fan of anything sour so this is a total win for me. 

Refreshers is another new one for me: Project Candy Box describes this as a little bit fizzy, a little bit sour and quite sweet too and compares them to a childhood favorite of mine: bottle caps.  I will be happy to give these a go.

Millions in Strawberry flavor has got me all sorts of excited.  I've been eyeing a lot of candy box reviews and every time someone got these, I have been intrigued to try them out.  And now, I can.  I am also glad I got the strawberry flavor.  These are tiny bits of chewy candy.


I got a Tic Tac Mixers in Peach Lemonade.  I got one in my Treatsbox last month in cherry cola and I very much enjoy it so I am happy to have this in a different flavor.  These Tic Tac Candy start off tasting like Peach and finish off tasting like Lemonade.

Tiliko Mango Mix is a new candy for me.  It's from Mexico and is a mixture of tamarind and mango which makes this candy sweet and spicy.  I know Alex and I will enjoy trying this out since we're always up to trying spicy foods.

I can't read the language on the bubble gum wrappers so I can't really say what company they are, what the flavors they are or anything of the sort.  They may not be bubble gum either.  But I will still try these out.

Ion Chocofreta is a chocolate wafer bar and I have never tried this either.  They look good.  Apparently this is Greece's most popular confectionery.  Ion is a company name I am familiar with; I've had some of their chocolate before and quite enjoyed them.  So I am sure these will be right up my aisle.

M&M Birthday Cake (wait what?  these exist?!  where have I been since their release!) has got me very excited to try them.  I love chocolate, I love birthday cake, put them together and it must be a dream!  I am surprised I never found these out before today.  Awesome inclusion, Project Candy Box!

And last product: Klondike Bar in Mint Chocolate Chip...uh yeah, it's the candy, not the ice cream.  I didn't even know they ventured in the candy business but I am definitely happy with this inclusion. If this tastes anything like their ice cream counterpart, I know this will be a win for me.

Project Candy Box has treated me to 15 different candies and honestly, I am impressed with the variety and novelty of all of these products.  I think this box is well worth its price and would highly recommend it to all candy lovers.

As always, any questions or comments are welcome.  I'm off to try some of these with Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment