Search This Blog

Monday 19 October 2015

Ipsy Unboxing October 2015

It's that time of the month where a pink bubble wrap envelope peaks out of the mailbox.  I can't say how thrilled I am to get the bag this month; I peaked ahead of time and I actually wanted all items...A LOT.  What's even better is that I was not even expecting it yet.  I still have yet to receive the monthly email saying that it's on its way.  Well it's here!

If you`re not sure what Ipsy is, it`s a make-up subscription where you get to try out  beauty products every single month for the price of $10US.  For Canadians, Ipsy is a tad more (about 19$Canadian) taking in consideration US-Canadian conversion and shipping. The value of the items in the bag can double or triple the amount you pay per month, which makes this subscription, in my opinion, one of the best beauty subscriptions out there.  You also collect points each month, and, you can redeem them on other products you`d like to try out. To subscribe to Ipsy, you can click here (this gives me referral points) or you can subscribe directly with them if you prefer on their website.

Before we get into the bag and its contents, I did en up redeeming some points this month and got this item:
BeFine Cucumber Facial Mask (1oz) retailing at 6.25$.  I love masks so I couldn't resist redeeming my points on this baby.  Be Fine Cucumber Facial Mask promises clean and refreshed skin while treating problem areas.  Smells just like cucumbers, which is not a bad thing.

Here's a look at what was inside my bag.  So far so good.

First item is Ayres Pampas Sunrise Hand Cream (20ml) - This item is Ipsy exclusive and is valued at 6.25$.  It has a fresh clean scent, more specifically : lemongrass, mandarin, bergamot, patchouli and spearmint.  I like it.  and I also like how it feels on my hands.


Next we have Nourish Organic Argan Face Serum (0.5oz) valued at 17.13$.  That's insane seeing that more than covers the cost of the bag!  This promises to hydrate and replenish, restore and soften and smooth skin texture.  It also smells pretty good: apricot and rose hip.

 I've been out of mascara for the past 4 months because I ended up having to throw out the one I had when I got sick.  So I was super happy to find out I was getting one in my Ipsy Bag.  Not only that, but it's from a company I've always wanted to try: It Cosmetics Hello Lashes Clinically Provin 5 in 1 Mascara (0.16oz).  It promises to be a mascara, primer, peptide growth, tint and eyelash curler.  Why not?  I'm just eyeballing the size since I don't know how many ounces in regular size.  My sample size seems to be half of the original size so I'd value it at 12.00$?  Keep in mind that is a guess and may be more or less that value.

 Ok, this one is not obvious, but no worries, I have a swatch that will follow.  This is Skone Cosmetics Pretty Eyes Eyeliner in the shade Plum (0.18oz). This is a sample size and is valued at 6.45$.  I really like the color; I had to try it out as soon as I opened it and this color does wonders for hazel eyes.  I love this!

And, the last product is theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Committed(0.04oz).  Based on my calculations, this is valued at 3.11$.  This smells/taste like vanilla mint and leaves the lips matte and soft.  I'm not used to that feeling on my lips but the color is fantastic.  Maybe I can learn to like lipstick after all...  


Left is a swatch of theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick and right is Skone Cosmetics Pretty Eyes Eyeliner. 

That concludes my Ipsy Unboxing for October 2015.  This bag was valued at 44.94$ if we don't count the cucumber facial mask.  If we do, it brings the total up to 51.19$.  That is pretty impressive seeing I paid under 20$ for all of this stuff.  I really enjoyed this bag and looking forward to next month's bag.  
As always, any questions or comments are welcomed :)  Have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment