Search This Blog

Friday 16 October 2015

MunchPak Mini Unboxing October 2015

As mentioned in the Subscription Changes post, I will be reviewing snack boxes in the next few months and do a comparative analysis.  The first box I reached out to was MunchPak.  This subscription is pretty neat as it offers a variety of options:
  • MunchPak Mini offers 5-6 snacks at 9.95$
  • Original MunchPak offers 10+ snacks at 19.95$
  • MunchPak Family Pack offers 20+ snacks at 39.95$
Shipping was 5.00$ for me (being in Canada) but I am uncertain if it's the same for different sizes or different countries.  I am reviewing the MunchPak Mini.  Here's how I'll proceed with these kinds of reviews.  I will first post the contents and I'll come back at a later date to ad how I enjoyed each snack.  If you're interested in finding out about taste tests, you'll need to come back to this post in a couple of weeks.

First, I must take a moment to comment on this box: how cute is this box?  I love it!

It has a little card that says who prepared my box.  Thank you, Pat, for selecting such intriguing snacks!

First item is Bake Rolls Tomato Olive Oregano retailing at 3.00 on MunchPak website.  These look pretty tasty and I'm looking forward to adding these to our lunches next week.  I've had bagel crackers before, and this seems just like them.

Taste Test: Alex and I both loved these.  In fact, Alex even wants to order some more online.  Very flavorful.


Next, we have Lotte Kancho retailing at 2.00$ on the Munchpak website. This is a cookie with chocolate filling.  If you've had those panda-cookies in the past, this seems just like them. I am a big fan of anything chocolate, so there will surely be enjoyed.

Taste Test: these were great!  Got surprised as I was expecting the chocolate to be a little bit more liquid but it was still quite tasty.

The third snack, I needed the assistance of MunchPak to determine what it was.. It's Umaibo Corn potage stick retailing at 1.00$ on the MunchPak website.  It seems to be the consistency of a giant cheese puff and apparently tastes just like corn.  I am intrigued.  According to the website, this is a popular Japanese snack.

Taste Test:  Our favorite snack, hands down!  We are going to T&T  to see if we can find more.

Next we have some Lotte Nude Pepero Sticks retailing at 3.00$ on the MunchPak website.  If you've heard of Pocky, this is its cousin.  It is a biscuit stick with chocolate filling inside.  More chocolate!  These will defenitely be enjoyed!

Test Taste: We both really enjoyed these.  Our second favorite snack in here.  I think the reverse Pocky is pretty interesting as a concept...and flavor was awesome!


And the last snack in the box is Barni Cake Bar With Milk Cream retailing at 2.00$ on the MunchPak website. This is a vanilla sponge cake filled with milk cream and apparently in the shape of a teddy bear.  Another win, in my opinion.

Test Taste: very good but surprising.  I was expecting the cream filling to be more fluffy for some reason..but it ended up being toffee like.  I enjoyed the taste and texture!

Honestly, I am pretty satisfied with the 5 snacks that were in my MunchPak Mini: they are all pretty intriguing, we've got two savoury snacks and three sweets, and the value is bang on for what you pay for the box.  I might consider keeping this one going after my reviews seeing how balanced this box is.  Maybe a subscription the the Original MunchPak?  We shall see.  Remember to check back in for the taste test opinions.

As always, any questions or comments are welcome.  Hope you have yourself an excellent weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment