Search This Blog

Monday 1 February 2016

Awesome Pack January 2016 Unboxing

 Yay!  We've been Awesomed!
This month's Awesome Pack shipment was a bit later than I was used to so I seriously was looking forward to receiving it and have been patiently waiting for that message advising me it was on its way over.  It is here at last!
So what is Awesome Pack?  It's a subscription box full of board games and geeky stuff shipped to you monthly.  You have the choice between two different Awesome Packs: 
Awesome Pack Family : geared towards families with kids of all ages to encourage family activities.
Awesome Pack - Big Kid: this is the one we opted for, geared towards big kids at heart.
Before you get your first box, you fill in a questionnaire so you can get a better fit to your family.  Example, I informed the company that the box is for myself and my partner (32 and 33 years old) and a few of our interests.  They also try to find out which games you already own so they don't send you a duplicate.  Pretty cool, right?
Prices are $44.99 for US and $49.99 for Canadian residents.  I'm trying to verify if there's shipping but I can't find anything about shipping on the website.  I believe it is free.

 Awesome Pack usually includes a little something extra, and this time, it's a post card.  I liked this picture when we got it as a bookmark last month so I'm happy to get a postcard of it.   No price value for this item but I like it.

The big game this month is Kragmortha which looks silly and fun!  I am really looking forward to cracking this open next weekend with friends.  Based on the Mayfair's website, this game is worth 35$.  It plays 2-8 players, 8 years old and up and game play is usually around 30-45 minutes.  It seems to be a game where you can let loose and goof around.  You're basically a goblin that tries to roam around the Dark Lord's studies trying to avoid his wrath.  If the Dark Lord looks at you, you get punished with silly curses, like needing to keep your mouth open for the rest of the game.  Sounds fun and a good way to unwind.

Next, we got Heroclix Hobbit Starter Kit, worth 19.99$, which is best played 2 to 4 players, ages 14 years old and up and a game can last up to 60 minutes.  Seems like a complicated game to play... but not unlike any RPG games (I think?) and it's with characters we're well acquainted to.  Alex seems to want to get into Heroclix now.  I hope I grasp how to play, lol.

We also got a blind surprise Heroclix Hobbit Box valued at 1.49$ each.  Well I like that this is an add-on to the Hobbit Heroclix game.  Again, I hope I figure out how to play.

We got Dori the Dwarf.  I think the detail on this is pretty good.  A few walk around on youtube should give me enough information to get the ball rolling :)

And we got Royal Langnickel Silver Foil Engraving Art worth 5.49$. Alex claimed this as his own...he's done a giraffe foil engraving art and enjoyed it, it only makes sense he gets to do the Wolf Moon one.  I'm not as agile when it comes to this art so I'm happy to hand it over.

That concludes this month's Awesome Pack : we got 61.97$ worth of games.  That's not bad but a tad lower than what we're used to getting, especially since we're used to getting a higher value in our packs.  I'm not complaining though as I personally think Kragmortha will become a well-played game.

No comments:

Post a Comment