Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Japan Yum February 2016 Unboxing

I got two boxes waiting for me on my doorstep tonight, both of them part of my snack box comparison project.  One of them was Japan Yum.

Japan Yum is a Japanese novelty snack box shipped to your door on a month to month basis.  Cost is 25.99$ and shipping was 7.99$ when I ordered it but it has since gone up with USPS changes in shipping fees.  You can expect 8-10 snacks per box. 
When I compare it to Oyatsu, there's much less substance in this box than there was in Oyatsu.  It's unfortunate I am reviewing Japan Yum after such a fantastic job from Oyatsu in curating their box.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Let me show you what was inside this box.

First this I had grabbed out of the box was these crouton-like pieces.  They are Kome-Tsubu Age Rice Crackers.  Apparently they are habanero and soy sauce flavored.

Next, there`s Glico - Pocky Panda in Cookies and Cream.  Those look amazing.  I'm a huge fan of Pocky, so we can never go wrong by including a Pocky in an uncommon flavor.

This is a DIY candy - Coris Chocolate Banana Candy to be specific.  As mentioned in different posts, I am allergic to bananas, so this will go to Alex.  It's unfortunate though because this looks like an awesome treat.

This is Wata Gum Soda Candy by Meiji which is apparently soda flavored cotton candy.  Intriguingly, the cotton candy turns into gum once it melts in your mouth.  Strange!

And these are Coris Cola Burst Gumballs.  I am a tad worried at the description : "Three cola flavored gumballs, but watch out, one of them is not like the rest!"  uh oh!  hope it's just sour.  A bit apprehensive lol

These little guys are Miji Meltyblend Milk Tea Chocolate.  Not much to say about this... self explanatory.

And last is Meiji Ichigo no Apollo.  I'm excited to try this one as I hear they are quite popular.  They are pink strawberry chocolate with strawberry syrup in the middle.

And that concludes Japan Yum unboxing for February 2016.  I am a bit disappointed at the quantity of items in this box when I compare it to other boxes, especially since I pretty much paid the same price for Oyatsu Box, which I also received today, and I seem to have gotten a much better deal with the latter.  That said, I am fairly certain I will be enjoying all of the items I received in the box (minus the banana candy).  So, I am fairly happy with it, just not over the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment