Search This Blog

Thursday 1 September 2016

Julep September 2016 Unboxing

Someone is turning 5 this year and decided to celebrate their anniversary with a bang!  I have to be honest, I was quite surprised to receive my box on the 1st of the month; that's the first time this ever happened, so it was quite appreciated.  Happy Birthday, Julep!

Julep is a monthly nail polish and beauty product subscription at a reasonable price of 24.99$/month.  If you sign up on the 3-month plan (pay for three months all at once), it costs 19.99$/month. Subscribers get to pick their choice of beauty product and nail polish on the 20th of every month and get billed on the 27th.  They are also free to skip a month if needed.  You have the opportunity to add items in your box as well and if you add three, you get a bonus gift.  Also, you ave the opportunity to upgrade the box to get a bigger part of the collection, or the whole collection for a little bit extra.

 This month, I decided to not do add-ons (I know, that's shocking!).  I do have to limit myself or I end up getting duplicates.  But, since it's Julep's anniversary, we got to have four items in our box.  So, here are my picks:

I was in need of a new buffer block so when Julep offered these as an option, I grabbed them.  I'm surprised at how small these are though (1" X 1.5") but I'm sure they'll do exactly what I want them to do: file, buff and shape my nails while smoothing out the ridges on my nails.  These retail at 4$ on Julep's website.

I've been eyeing this Cleanup Tool for a long time.  This is another item that is smaller than I imagined, but that's OK; it will work just fine.  This tool is to clean up under the nails and removing polish from the cuticles. Retails at 14$ on Julep website.


And lastly, I have my nail polishes.  This month, the selection included a lot of chrome polishes.  I've stated before that I'm not a big fan of chrome polish because you can see the brush strokes after application.  My only exception in duochrome or multichrome polishes.  So, this month, I settles for the two polishes that weren't chrome.

Peggy (pictured on the right) is a charcoal with rose shimmer.  This color is stunning; you definitely pick up on the rose shimmer and the charcoal looks a tad bluish but absolutely gorgeous!

Shirley (pictured on the right) is a charred sage microshimmer.  Another gorgeous color; a beautiful shimmery olive green.  I can't find this on the Julep website, unfortunately, so I can't link it...

Both polishes are 14$ each.

That concludes this month's box; total value of this box was 46$, more than double what I paid for it.  I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment