Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Oyatsu Box Unboxing February 2016

My Snack Box comparison continues and today I got not one, but two snacks boxes on my door step to review.  I'll start with the first one I ordered : Oyatsu Box.  
Oyatsu Box  is a Japanese novelty snack/candy box.  It comes in a variety of prices and sizes :
  • Jr Box : 12$ for 3 Japanese snacks
  • Original : 20$ for 6 Japanese snacks
  • Premium: 30$ for 10-14 Japanese snacks.

I got the Premium snack box and let me tell you I am quite pleased with the amount of snacks and sizes there are in this box.  Shipping is free, which is definitely a plus in this day and age.   I will not be linking the different items to websites as it is quite difficult to find these snacks online.  Here`s a first look inside the box:


As you can see, it is jam-packed! I love it!

First item is Koikeya Scon - Sour Cream and Onion which is apparently a corn-puff snack.  I have never seen this type of snack in this flavor and I am sure I will enjoy this.

Next is Kabaya Pure Strawberry Gummy.  Can never go wrong with gummies and strawberry is a well liked flavor in this household.  Apparently it's chewy on the outside and juicy on the inside, just like the picture illustrates.


These are Genji Pies.  The picture on the package is quite adorable!  Seems similar to palmiers, a flaky cookie I'm acquainted to that is only a tad sweet but quite enjoyable with coffee or tea.

This is Dagashi Sauce Senbei.  The packaging is quite curious, apparently a retro Japanese candy.  they are wafers accompanied by a sweet sauce to top it off.


Next are Crisp Choco in the flavor Maple.  This is a corn flake cake coated in maple pancake flavor.  They kind of make me think of our rice crispy squares, just made with corn flakes instead?

And we've got Kamen Rider Chips in Salty Sweet Potato flavor which also includes a Kamen Rider sticker.  From what I gather, Kamen Rider is a popular series in Japan; I am not familiar with it.  I'll be honest, I thought this looked like Deadpool at first glance but a second look at it makes it obvious that it is not.

Next is Meiji Choco Banana.  You guessed it, these are banana candies filled with chocolate.  As you probably know by now, I'm allergic to bananas so these will go directly to Alex.

This is JOO C Shortcake.  We got this in a previous snack box and I very much enjoyed them.  They really do taste like strawberry shortcake and the texture makes me think of sweet tarts.

Next is Meigum Oekaki Sherbert, a DIY kit to make animal shaped sherbert in different flavors.  looks kind of fun :)

Next is Kikori No Kirikabu which are chocolate covered biscuits in the shape of tree trunks.  We had a similar snack before except in the shape of mushrooms.

Last item is a Japanese Gachapon.  I'm uncertain of who this little guy is but I'll hang it up in my room. 

That concludes my Oyatsu Box.  All in all, I am quite happy with what I received.  It seems like I got a lot of items for the 30$ it cost me.  I would definitely recommend this box to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment