Search This Blog

Saturday 20 February 2016

NYC Metro Girl Soap Box Unboxing February 2016

When I canceled my Fortune Cookie Soap Box this month, I decided I wanted to try out a different soap box because for some reason, I can`t help but want to try out new soaps.  NYC Metro Girl Soap Box was the box I landed on I was the most excited to try.  Honestly, when I signed up, the pricing was really good at 14.00$ + 5.00$ shipping for Canadians.  I thought that`s definitely something that would be worth my while.  Things changed in the last month and by no fault of NYC Metro Girl.



First up, NYC Metro Girl decided to sell their soap boxes directly on their website instead of on Cratejoy, so the price got changed to 14.95$/month.  That`s not a huge difference;  I would have stuck with NYC Metro Girl if that was the only change.  The second thing that happened with this move is USPS started charging 15.95$ shipping to Canadian subscribers.  Now that was not something I was ready to do.  So, I unfortunately unsubscribed.  Minnie, if the shipping fees calm down, do please let me know because, from what I received in this month's box, I can tell this is really up my alley.

Before I get into my review, here's an idea at what you get in a monthly soap box:
4 (2-3oz) artisan soaps
Your choice of one of the following options: Bath product, Body Spray, Face Product, Hair Product or Lotion
A free solid perfume on your first box.

It comes in a golden envelope and I'm quite surprised (in a good way) at the size of the soaps.  I was wondering what 2-3oz soap bars looked like.  Well... when I look at these soap bars, I think of a regular soap bar cut in half. Pretty decent....and oh my goodness!  Let me tell you, the smells!  As soon as you open up the envelope, you definitely get surrounded by amazing scents!  Also, it comes with a small booklet that describes these scents.


First, I chose bath product as my bonus item.  As you can recall, I can no longer wear scented products at work so I try to aim for things that won`t tempt me to defy the policy.  Bath products seemed like a safe option for me.  This is a Bubble Bar (you crumble a desired quantity in a bath tub for nice scented bubbles).  This is in the scent Very Sexy Girl described as a "blend of rose and violet with a touch of citrus and musk".  This smells very feminine and I really enjoyed having a nice bubble bath after the blizzard on Tuesday.  This could not have come at a better time.

Since I very much enjoyed the feminine floral sweetness that is Very Sexy Girl, I couldn't be any happier to get a soap in that scent too.  And like I mentioned previously, this is a decent size too!

This one is my personal favorite; the scent Forever Love is described as "beautiful notes of sweet marshmallow with a fruitful burst of fresh pomegranate".  This is sweet, delectable and I really can`t wait to try this one out.

The next soap bar is in Dark Berries and is described as: "delicious black raspberries blended with ripe plums and a touch of warm vanilla" and it smells fantastic!  I think this is the one I smelled most when I opened the envelope as well.  It's pretty good!

Last soap bar is in Fresh Waters and is described as: "fresh waters surrounded by mountains, magnolia flowers and honeysuckle bushes."  This is probably the scent that is most unisex and it smells really clean.

And as mentioned earlier, you get a free solid perfume in your first box.  And you could not have picked a better scent for me than anything with vanilla.  This Vanilla Fig solid perfume smells exactly as you'd expect it: vanilla and figs.  I really enjoy it and regularly rub some on after I come back from work.

That concludes my NYC Metro Girl Soap Box.  I totally encourage you to get this box if you`re a US resident; it is fantastic! And the quality of the soap is out of this world!  Hopefully, the shipping gets rectified as I'd really enjoy to keep this subscription going.

No comments:

Post a Comment