Search This Blog

Monday 1 February 2016

Julep Maven February 2016 Unboxing

Wow, I feel quite spoiled today.  Not only did I get my Awesome Pack in the mail but I also got my Julep Box.  I was really looking forward to this box because I was out of top coat and I think my base coat is getting stringy...

For those of you unfamiliar with Julep, it is a monthly nail polish and beauty product subscription at a reasonable price of 24.99$/month.  If you sign up on the 3-month plan (pay for three months all at once), it costs you 19.99$/month. Subscribers get to pick their choice of beauty product and nail polish on the 20th of every month and get billed on the 27th.  They are also free to skip a month if needed.

Here's what my box looked like when I first opened it:

 As mentioned higher up, I was running out of two important items to keep my manicures pretty: base coat and top coat.  I decided that this month, I would make those two items the main focus in the box and then...well, as you can see, I ended up going for add-ons too lol oh, how can I resist.  Well to be fair, I redeemed my points and all those add-ons only cost me 6.99$

I got an Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat (18.00$) as I tend to get bubbles in my manicure lately.. so I thought this might be what I was looking for.

And then I got Oxygen Performance Top Coat (18.00$).  I figured with a name like that, it would go well with the Base Coat.
  
 This was the featured beauty product this month : Eyeshadow 101 in the shade Warm Gold Shimmer (18.00$) since that kind of color will definitely make the golden flecks in my eyes pop out.  It even has a buffer sponge at one end.  I really like this format of eye shadow, so I really dig this.

Those three items makes my Julep February Box and are worth 54.00$.  One item alone almost covers the box itself, so I feel like this is a steal!  And now, for the add-ons.

Five new polishes, each worth 18.00$ and all of them new. If you add that up, that's 90$ worth of nail polish, and if you so recall, I only spent 6.99$ on this; what a steal! I keep getting surprised at how I don't get duplicates when I select mystery polish since my collection is getting pretty big.  I am really happy about that!  Here's a close-up and then I'll go on with the descriptions.
How it works: add 3 add-ons to your box for a free gift every month.  I have one polish I chose specifically, and 2 mystery polishes.  And then, there's my gift.  I don't know which one is the free gift.
First there's Sienna which is described as a sophisticated shimmery gold.  Quite pretty.

Then there's Rosie described as charcoal gray with magenta glitter.  This is the nail polish I specifically selected.  It's new this month and I've never seen anything quite like it so I had to grab it.

And there's Zoey described as a sea spray creme.  Funny thing is, I'm actually wearing a similar color on my nails (Rainbow Honey - Delphine) and was thinking it would be nice to get a Julep version of this color because...their formula is just that much better.  And seriously, it is!  This was a one-coater!  That's pretty impressive for such a light colored polish.

Then there's Caitlin described as shocking hibiscus with gold shimmer.  This is absolutely gorgeous!

Finally, there's Hartleigh which was a free valentine's day gift from Julep.  It is described as a holographic heart glitter top coat.  I was most excited about this.  I put it on my current manicure and honestly, not as big of a fan as I thought I would be.  it is hard to get the hearts out and then applying is a bit of a hit and miss.  Don't get me wrong...with a little bit of effort, you can make this look good.  I obviously was lacking time tonight... oh well.  

That concludes my Julep Maven February 2016 unboxing.  As always, any comments/questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment