Search This Blog

Friday 26 February 2016

Awesome Pack February 2016 Unboxing

Yay!  It's that time of the month where we automatically become awesome! I just came back from a fantastic day at the Sugar Bush to see this lovely box on my doorstep :

So, as always, I'll give you a run down of what is Awesome Pack: You have the choice of two different packages:
Awesome Pack Family : geared towards families with kids of all ages to encourage family activities.
Awesome Pack - Big Kid: geared towards big kids at heart, obviously the one we opted for.

Before you get your first box, you fill in a questionnaire so you can get a better fit to your family.  Example, I informed the company that the box is for myself and my partner (32 and 33 years old) and a few of our interests.  They also try to find out which games you already own so they don't send you a duplicate.  Pretty cool, right?
Prices are $44.99 for US and $49.99 for Canadian residents.  I'm trying to verify if there's shipping but I can't find anything about shipping on the website.  I believe it is free.

This month, I am quite happy to see the requests we made in our monthly survey were fulfilled: We asked for Dice Masters game, some more HeroClix and  a fun, light game to unwind...here's what we got:

 Another Awesome Pack poster.  Alex will be decorating his man cave of these posters before long.

Walking Dead Don't Look Back Dice Game retailed at 20.00$ on Crytozoic Entertainment website which is the publisher.  This Dice Game fulfills the request for a Dice Masters game (not exactly a Dice Masters game but it`s similar).  This is also a series I want to watch so this will be right up my aisle.  Plays 1-4 players ages 15years old and up and it is a fast-paced game that can be done within 30 minutes.  Here's a video that explains it.

The King Commands is retailed at 21.67$ on Amazon.ca and it`s a bluffing game about Camelot, King Arthur and Merlin (uses items from that mythology: Excalibur, the crown and crystal ball) and the goal is to accumulate points by gaining gold, attacking your opponents, etc.  Plays 2-6 players, 10 years old and up and game play is approximately 30 minutes.  Here's a video explaining how to play.

And we've got a really happy camper here - we wanted to gain characters in our HeroClix collection.  In our box we received a Star Trek HeroClix Tactics retailing at 19.03$ on Amazon.ca.  We had a hard time finding this online but there it is.  We tried playing HeroClix at our last game night and found out it might be easier for us to create character specific cards explaining their possible moves.  I think this could be super enjoyable once we get a hang of it and we do like Star Trek.

Last but not least, we got Nebula from Guardian of the Galaxy Drobz retailing at 11.99$ on Amazon.ca.  She is adorable!  I guess that's what Dorbz stands for.  She will sit on top of my computer desk in her box. 

That sums up my Awesome Pack for this month.  I'm quite happy with the selection of items for our box this month and the value is of 72.69$ which is much greater than what I paid for the box.  I am pretty certain we'll enjoy each of these games.  Thank you, Awesome Pack, for another awesome month!

No comments:

Post a Comment