Search This Blog

Thursday 10 March 2016

Julep March 2016 Unboxing

My Julep box was a little later than usual this month but it got here safe and sound tonight.  I was personally hoping to receive it before Saint-Patty's Day because I knew I chose greenish hue in my box.   My box was quite wet when it got here due to bad weather but nothing in the box was damaged.


For those of you unfamiliar with Julep, it is a monthly nail polish and beauty product subscription at a reasonable price of 24.99$/month.  If you sign up on the 3-month plan (pay for three months all at once), it costs you 19.99$/month. Subscribers get to pick their choice of beauty product and nail polish on the 20th of every month and get billed on the 27th.  They are also free to skip a month if needed.
Here's a look at what's inside.  As you can see in the lower right corner, the little treat this month was a Watermelon Blow-Pop sucker.
At first glance, I wasn`t really interested in the March colors as they were mostly chrome and I don't really like that look on me.  The two cremes were too similar to other colors I own.  However, when they released Holographic Jelly polishes along with the March collection, that really sounded like something I would be into.

On the left is Yiyi (14.00$) which is described as a "pink freesia holographic jelly".  From the picture you can definitely see the rainbow shift, especially in the bottle.  I really think this is gorgeous.  In fact, I am already sporting it on my nails. 

On the right is Cecile (14.00$) which is described as a "Caribbean breeze holographic jelly"  This is the color I want to wear for St-Patrick`s Day.  Like Yiyi, the rainbow shift is quite evident when you look at it.  Quite lovely.

I completed my box with another EyeShadow 101 (18.00$) in the color Slate Shimmer.  It is known that shimmer is great for hazel eyes so I couldn`t resist getting all of their shimmer shadow sticks since I really like the application and formula.  

So that's 46.00$ worth of stuff for 19.95$  Not bad!  Like I always do, I ended up adding some add-ons to my box, just because I can`t resist.

 First thing was these nail decals.  One looks like pearls and the other is black crystals.  They were 3.95$ each and defenitely worth it to add a little something to the manicure.

I went for a mystery polish again this month and the one they sent me was Brandis (14.00$) which is described as a "Taos turquoise creme".  I feel this is quite spring appropriate.

This month, Julep helped me determine which of my polishes was my free gift by wrapping a little note around it to inform me.  This month`s free gift was Nayely (14.00$) which is described as "papaya nectar creme".   I have a Rainbow Honey color similar to this one but this one has a much better formula.  Does not really look that great on my skin tone but I think I could use it for nail art.

I paid 12.85$ extra for my add-ons and just the polish alone is worth that.  In total, I got 81.90$ worth of make-up and nail polish and I will be using every single one of them.  I am quite happy with this month`s selections!

No comments:

Post a Comment