Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 March 2016

FabFitFun Spring 2016 Unboxing

Last December, I decided to unsubscribe to FabFitFun, just because, when I really think about it, I end up using half the products in the box and the rest of them end up, sadly, forgotten.   I'm not saying the box isn't great though, because, honestly, it really is and I think it would be even greater if I could redeem some of the gift cards without shipping issues...
Wen I got an email last week advising me I had a FabFitFun box on my way I got really confused.  Ends up the box I paid for in December was paying for my Spring 2016 box.  Well I can't complain there, I saw some spoilers and there were a few items in the box that were definitely calling to my style.
For those who are not familiar with FabFitFun, it is a quarterly subscription box (once per season) that is geared towards women who love beauty, fitness and lifestyle items.  They cost 49,99$ per box and easily packs four times the cost with items that vary from skin care, to fitness DVDs, to make-up, etc.  I've inserted my referral link above if you're interested in trying it out.  Prices written down are based on the FABFITFUN booklet and not the websites I am linking.
 Since last season, FabFitFun started changing the look of their boxes as well as the insert.  Now, instead of the insert, we receive a magazine that explains a bit more on the items received in the box.

First item is an Herb Garden by MakersKit (RV 35$).  You receive everything you need to grown some mint, thyme and basil.  So happy basil was included as that is by far the herb I use the most.  Also, Alex was glad to see this in the box as he tends to enjoy gardening.

Next in a Contour Kit by ISH (RV 32$) includes a highlighter, blush, bronzer and contour powder.  I don't personally use these types of products, so that was not a win for me.  But, for reviews of other FFF subscribers, they seem to like this palette.

This item is by far the one I was most excited on getting : Just D'Amour Bath Bomb Trinity (RV 28$).  Anyone who knows me, knows I love bath time products.  The three scents are :eucalyptus/peppermint/lime, lavender/chamomile/ylang ylang, and jasmin/rose/sandalwood.  Since I've been have sinus issues for a while now, I'm going to use the eucalyptus one tonight!

This would be the second item I was super excited to receive: Keratin Gloves & Socks (RV 9.98$) is suposed to help strengthen nails and moisturize hands and feet.  I've had difficulties keeping my hands moisturized this winter; these will hopefully do just the right trick!

This was one of the spoilers this month, Tag necklace by Jook & Nona (RV 65$) is an 18K gold-plated stainless steel necklace with a word engraved on the plate.  Mine rides Love, but other varieties include: Happy, Inspire and Dream.  Personally, not my style, but I know a lot of subscribers were excited to receive this item.

We also got Shaving Emulation Lotion by HelloLegs (RV 19.95$) which is something we can't go wrong with.  It's a combination of shaving cream and lotion. Sure, why not?  The website has yet to launch though so I can't really link the product.

This is third item I was super excited on getting: Argan & Hemp Oil Therapy by Marrakesh (RV 22.99$).  I'm almost out of my hair oil and was thinking on buying myself a new bottle, but looks like this got here just on time.   And quite frankly, this smells fantastic!

Next item is a Yoga Mat Strap by Merrithew (RV 14.99$) and, not to be a party pooper but I won't be using this.  I do most of my workouts at home so I don't have a need to carry a yoga mat.  I could use it for deepening stretches...

I also got a 25$ gift card from 31 Bits and as I have stated earlier, I am not a fan of getting gift cards in a subscription box for various reasons one of which is shipping sucks for Canadians.  I'm sure some subscribers will enjoy it though.  These are handmade, artisan jewelry from Uganda and I have to admit, I like the looks on the site.

Last item is another gift card, so you already know how I feel about this: It's a 30$ gift card for Sterling Forever.  There's more gorgeous pieces of jewelry on this website but I am not tackling gastronomic shipping prices, no thanks!

That is everything in the box and that adds up to a box full of products worth in total 282.91$, pretty amazing!  I will be using half of these products and they more than cover the price of the box.  Hope you enjoyed this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment