Search This Blog

Thursday 3 September 2015

Raw Spice Bar Agust 2015

I was very excited to sign up to RawSpiceBar when I found out about its existence as I have always found a passion in food preparation and trying out new things.  I thought a spice subscription is exactly what I needed to spice up my culinary skills, no pun intended.  The subscription runs at 10$/month (6$ for US) free shipping and it gives you 3-4 spice blends with recipes to try out.

When I got my first envelope last week, I was so excited I ripped right through the envelope forgetting to take a picture of the starting package.  But here's a picture of the contents.

 and the recipes for the spice blends:
 Grilled shrimp for the Baltimore Bay Spices.  Since I'm vegetarian, I definitely didn't do this recipe but I used the spice blend for pasta and on top of eggs and it was really yummy.  Also recommended for popcorn or potato salad which I'd love to try.


 Pickled zucchinis for the green pickling spices.  I haven't done this yet but will be doing it this weekend.  The package also recommended anything green like Brussels sprouts, green beans, cucumbers.  I am intrigued by the Brussels Sprouts but I think I'll stick to the recipe.



And the Power spice blend was for a green smoothie.  I did not follow this recipe but I added half a package in both my smoothie and in Alex's morning smoothie and we really enjoyed the spicyness it added.  Thinking about adding turmeric to all my morning smoothies for the added benefit.

If you're interested in RawSpiceBar, you can sign up here.  Clicking on this link does not give me any points or money or sales, it is simply the website of RawSpiceBar.  And, as always, any comments or questions are welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment