Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 August 2015

August 2015 Ipsy Bag

When I got back home from work today, I saw a pink bubble enveloper peaking through the mail and thought "At last!  My Ipsy has finally arrived!"  It`s a bit late this month because I redeemed some points and apparently that puts the shipping a little later than usual.  I know now that next month will be a tad late like this one as I redeemed some points again.

If you`re not sure what Ipsy is, it`s a make-up subscription where you get to try out 5 new beauty products every months for the cheap price of 10$/month for US.  For us Canadians, Ipsy is a tad more than 10$/month but not by much more; I end up paying 19.16$ in total (that's with the shipping end conversion to Canadian money).  Retail value of the subscription is seriously cheap when you calculate the worth of each product in the bag.  You also collect points each month, and, as mentioned, you can redeem them on other products you`d like to try out.  Win-win situation.

To subscribe to Ipsy, you can click here (this gives me referral points) or you can subscribe directly with them if you prefer on their website.

Without further ado, here`s what I discovered in my IPSY glam-bag this month:



 First, I redeemed my points on the following:

 Mana Kadar Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion is 29,00$ for 30ml.  This sample is 8ml which makes it worth 8,28$.  The shimmer is gives out is subtle which is the look I was aiming for so I am glad to add this to my collection.

The bag, this month, is gorgeous.  You can`t tell by the picture but it`s made out of a vinyl texture which makes it perfect for lotions and liquids when traveling.  No complaints here! :)

First item I pulled out of my bag is Eco-beauty Good Night Night Cream which is 40$ for  50g.  My sample is of 15g which means it is valued at 18,75$.  That is crazy!  This sample alone covers the cost of the bag.  I also love that this foil packet comes with a cap.  I`ll definitely get some usage out of this as lotions are my new favorite items as of lately.

Second item is Albertini Divine In Shower Body Moisturizer which is 16$ for 9fl. oz.  The sample is sized at 1 fl. oz which makes it worth 1.78$.  As mentioned n previous item, lotion is my new in thing so I am happy to try this out.

Next item is Lorde and Berry Lip Liner in Nude which retail at 18.00$ per pencil.  This looks to be half the size (if I am guesstimating right) so it would retail at 9$.  I don`t wear lip liner; I tried it on, and it`s a nice color but the product itself is just not for me.. it`s too much.  I may try using it for different purposes so it doesn`t go to waste (anybody have suggestions?)

Nest we have Noyah Desert Rose Lipstick which retails at 18$ for 0.16oz.  My sample is of 0.04oz which is worth 4.50$.  I`m not that big of a lipstick fan; though this is a beautiful color, I would much prefer having it as a lip gloss than a lipstick.  Two lip products in one bag, makes it a tad disappointing since I am not that big on them.  But I am happy to have at least tried it out.

Last product is Doll 10 Hydragel Blush in Flirt which retails at 16.00 for 4g.  This sample is at 3.15, so it is worth 12,60$.  I did not think I was a fan of blush but let me tell you, this product changed EVERYTHING for me!  This makes you look like you`re blushing, not like you`re wearing blush.  I love it!  It will definitely be part of my daily routine as of today!

RECAP:  This Ipsy bag, without counting the item I redeemed my points on, was worth 47.63$ which is almost 2.5X more than what I paid for it.  Granted, there are two products I`m unlikely to use, but at least I will be using the most expensive ones.  If we take in consideration the item I redeemed my points on, I have loot worth 55.91$.  Pretty awesome! 

As always, any comments or questions are welcome!






No comments:

Post a Comment