Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Rainbow Honey August 2015 Mystery Bag.

It's that time of the month where I receive my subscriptions (actually, they are all a tad late this month).  Was excited to see my Rainbow Honey envelope in my mailbox tonight as I've been itching to try on a new color on my nails for the last week.  As usual, this envelope did not disappoint me but before I get into the review, here's a little information on Rainbow Honey for those who are less familiar with the company.
Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag is a lovely subscription from an indie nail polish company that sends you 6 products (usually three nail polishes and 3 beauty care like lotion, lip balm, cuticle oil, etc.) per month.  It's 10$/month for the mini and 25$/month for the large size.  I opt for the mini since I never ever finish a nail polish so I thought it would be a better deal for me.  Shipping is free for US and 6.95$ for Canadians.
Without further ado, I did not forget to take a picture of the bubble envelope this month:

 and now, here is the envelope's contents:

 First the beauty products :

 Left to right: perfume rollerball, bath tea and bath oil all in the scent Fruit Juice.

The blend fruit juice has notes of strawberry, kiwi, peach and melon and smells delicious!  I can tell I am huge fan of this scent right off the bat so I am not too disappointed to have three products with it.

You can never go wrong with perfume roller-balls with me; it's my preferred perfume container.

A bath tea is exactly what it sounds like; it's a tea bag but for your bath.  It has added scents of lemongrass, chamomile, orange peel, rose, passion flower and lavender on top the the Fruit Juice blend.  Smells fantastic in my opinion and I am definitely looking forward to using it.

Bath oil is self-explanatory but Rainbow Honey also suggests using it as massage oil and as an after bath application.  Knowing me, I'll likely only use it as a bath oil but never say never, right?

Then there's a FULL-SIZE of All Your Base.  I have been eyeing this product for awhile now, wanting to get a basecoat and it seems like a lot of people give it good reviews.  I am happy to add this to my collection and will be giving it a go with my next manicure.

And last but not least, here are the nail lacquers.

We've got Mr Saturn which is described as a peachy creme glory. I've never owned a Peach nail polish so I am happy to add this to my collection.  I must admit that the peach on its own does not look good with my pale skin tone but I added a coat of Sinful Colors Unwrap Me and it looks pretty funky.  I like it a lot!

And finally, we've got Jelly Red Sandals, inspired by, you've got it, those jelly sandals that were the craze in the 80s or 90s.  It's described as a summer jelly red lacquer.  I really like how vibrant this is and looking forward to sporting this on my nails later on this week.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with this month's mystery bag and I am absolutely looking forward to seeing what September has in store for me.

As always, any comments or questions are more than welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment