Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Ipsy September 2015 Unbagging

After spending two full days of workshops and feeling mentally drained, seeing the pink envelope peaking through my mailbox let me know I was in for a treat tonight!

If you`re not sure what Ipsy is, it`s a make-up subscription where you get to try out  beauty products every single month for the price of $10US.  For Canadians, Ipsy is a tad more (about 19$Canadian) taking in consideration US-Canadian conversion and shipping. The value of the items in the bag can double or triple the amount you pay per month, which makes this subscription, in my opinion, one of the best beauty subscriptions out there.  You also collect points each month, and, you can redeem them on other products you`d like to try out. To subscribe to Ipsy, you can click here (this gives me referral points) or you can subscribe directly with them if you prefer on their website.

Before we get into the bag and its contents, I did en up redeeming some points this month and got this item:
 Oleum Natural Glow for Combination Skin is 45$ for 1 oz.  This small vial is of 0.5oz which makes this item worth a whopping 22.50$.  Hard to believe when you look at the size of it but I am definitely looking forward to trying it out.  Apparently you apply a generous amount of oil to the face and ,massage into pores for several minutes and then place a warm cloth over the face for 30 seconds and wipe off.  Simple enough.
















And this is the make up bag for September and its contents.  General first impression is: I'm pretty excited about what I see!

First item I pull out of the bag is:
J Cat Beauty #MOTD Waterproof Slide  on Pencil for Eyes in Bronze this is a Full Size and it is valued at 3.99$.  I was in need of a new eye liner so I am pretty happy to give this one a try.  Also, I keep hearing my favorite youtubers talk about J. Cat and I have been curious to try the brand out.  I'll have a picture of swatch with the swatches of the next item.























Nyx Cosmetics Ipsy Eye Shadow Trio is valued at 6$.  these a gorgeous earthy tones that will suit anybody.  Can barely see the lighter color on my skin but its nice and shimmery.  Medium color is sure to make my hazel eyes pop and the darkest is great for smoking out the look.  Loving this as I was using my Tarte Bronzer as eye shadow lately since I had to throw out the only eye shadow I had left after I got sick.  Bottom line on my hand is the J. Cat Eye Liner.

I got a Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush valued at 17.50$.  Another awesome item!  I'm looking forward to using this with the previous item and rocking a nice creased look. (it's on special right now if you're interested at 6.99$).  I have brushes that were sent to me before but this one is fantastic!  Love how soft it feels!

Next item is Avene Soothing Moisture Mask is 26$ for 50ml.  My sample is of 5ml so it is worth 2.60$.  Since we are to apply a thick coat of this on the face per use, this was only good for one use.  I don't know if I'm the only one that thought this?  Any way, I am not complaining.  I did use it and it is very moisturizing!  I'd get this again in a heartbeat if I ever came across it in Canada.

I saved the best for last!!!























Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in Elegantly Wasted valued at 15$.  I envied whoever got this in their Ipsy bag last month, and who can blame me, look at this color!  It is an awesome dark lilac color and it's perfect for Fall but also perfectly ok for spring.  And the brush is thick which makes it so easy to apply the polish.  Also the formula is fantastic, cruelty-free, non-toxic, vegan and 7-free.  I'm a total fan!  It's already on my nails :)

When we sum up the value of the items, it comes up to 45.09$ which is over double what I paid for the subscription.  Add the redeemed item to the total and the value is 3.5X more than what I paid for at 67.59$.  I am seriously impressed! and Absolutely looking forward to see what next month has in store for me.

As always, any comments or questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment