Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Rainbow Honey September 2015 unboxing

Today I received my monthly Rainbow Honey bag and I'l; be honest, I sneaked a peak before I even received it to know what was coming my way.  It still did not prepare me enough to experience the awesome smells we have this month! 
Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag is a lovely subscription from an indie nail polish company that sends you 6 products (usually three nail polishes and 3 beauty care like lotion, lip balm, cuticle oil, etc.) per month.  It's 10$/month for the mini and 25$/month for the large size.  I opt for the mini since I never ever finish a nail polish so I thought it would be a better deal for me.  Shipping is free for US and 6.95$ for Canadians. There's also new options available for the subscription; you can opt for only beauty products or only nail care products.  Since I like the variety, I decided to keep things status quo.
Here's what the package looked like this month:
 First, we have our nail lacquers:
Just Sugar Coat It! is a shiny iridescent glaze with holographic glitters.  It mentions that it's to add depth to any manicure.  I tried to make this opaque but after two coats, it wasn't opaque and it was also quite thick so I left it at that.  I think this would be better as a topper.

Underwater World is a glitter topper filled with different sized and colored stars and speckles.  It is quite lovely and applies really well; surprised I did not have to fish for any stars, as they readily come out.

Although these are really nice, I am a tad disappointed in a few things. 
1- The size of the lacquer was considerably smaller than previous bags at 5ml (instead of 7.5ml).  Rainbow Honey confirmed the larger containers would be back for next month.
2- We got two toppers and no actual stand-alone nail polish.  I'm not used to that.  We usually get at least one stand-alone nail polish per month.  Is this an oversight on their part?
3- A tad disappointed to see another perfume in the bag.  Yes I like perfume... maybe it's just have too many subscriptions on the go and ALL have given me perfume oils in the last boxes...BUT Rainbow Honey has pretty much included a perfume oil with almost every single bag lately.  They have other awesome products...was personally hoping for scented topcoat or lotion.  Oh well.

Way Cooler Body Mist smells like a "refreshing blend of pears, quince and acai berries.  It does smell very nice and I will be getting some use out of it. 
Vanilla Plains Cooling Gel is soooooo awesome I am thrilled to have it in my possession: it smells just like vanilla cake and seriously one of my favorite smells in the whole world.  No complaints here; keep the vanilla products coming!
Chocomint Valley Soap Bar is two small paraben free chocolate mint soap bars that smells so awesome and so strong, I could smell it through the envelope.    Came with a disclaimer that it's not edible; well good thing because it's true to the fragrance of the real thing.


Finally, there's Truffle Cappuccino cuticle oil and OMG this smells divine!  I seriously don't know how long this will last because I'll definitely be putting some often!  Smells like "Belgian truffles, espresso blend, steamed milk and cinnamon".  Mmmm, perfect!

There you have it!  As always, I welcome any questions or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment