Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag "Unboxing" July 2015

I got a notice in the mail that my Ardene Haul came through so I checked in my mailbox and sure enough, I had a big pink envelope inside but was not expecting to see my Rainbow Honey envelope so soon beside it; it was only expected for Thursday! I'm definitely not complaining; I REALLY love this subscription.
For those unfamiliar with Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag, it's a lovely subscription from an indie nail polish company that send you 6 products (usually three nail polishes and 3 beauty care like lotion, lip balm, cuticle oil, etc.) per month.  It's 10$/month for the mini and 25$/month for the large size.  I opted for the mini since I never ever finish a nail polish so I thought it would be a better deal for me.  Shipping is free for US and 6.95$ for Canadians.
I forgot to take a picture of the packaging intact so much I was excited to get inside that package (it's bubble wrapped, and it has a Rainbow Honey sticker on it, I love the simplicity).  Here's a picture of the products I have discovered inside the Mystery Bag.
A shea butter body treatment, a body splash, a lip scrub and three nail lacquers; the added beauty products are all products I had yet to try from Rainbow Honey so I am quite thrilled with this selection.  Let me break these down individually.

Rainbow Honey Organic Shea Butter Treatment (1/4oz) is a new skin care treatment that will be offered at Rainbow Honey.  They mention they add it in most of their body care products and wanted to give us a chance to try the 100% organic shea butter.  It's unscented and does leave the skin feeling very soft.  I love it and will be getting some use out of that as my hands are very dry lately.

Sweet Mandarin Lip Sugar Scrub (.25oz) is described as "sweet and full of pucker" and part of a line of lip products coming soon to Rainbow Honey.  The lip scrubs "gently exfoliates the outer surface of your lips making your lips smooth, soft and comfortable!" I absolutely love this!  not only does it "taste" great, Rainbow Honey is absolutely right; it does leave your lips very smooth.  In fact, I don't think my lips have been this smooth in a LONG time! 

Pomelo Body Splash (1oz) is an awesome citrusy scented body splash.  I spritzed some on me and I enjoy it very much.  I think I will be using this daily and it's a good size too.  This should last me the month.

First there's Summer Tan Nail Lacquer which is described as " beautiful & opaque golden glow lacquer" Have to be honest, wasn't sure if this one was a topper or a stand-alone polish until I read the description but I really like the shimmer on it.

Costa Dorada Nail Lacquer is described as "gold rush in a bottle".  I know I keep saying this about a few of my nail polishes but this reminds me of sand...but this one really does have the same color as sand.  I love the color, but am a bit disappointed that it's another "yellowish" hue.  Don't get me wrong though, I will absolutely wear this one too!

Calama Nail Lacquer is described as "the chemical reaction that occurs when copper is in contact with other elements and oxidizes over time; a gorgeous opaque green".  This is lovely; I wouldn't say it's green though, I would say more of a turquoise.  

That sums up this month's Rainbow Honey!  Any questions or comments, let me know!  (oh and in case you were wondering, I have 4 Alarm Fire by Aurora on my nails right now... but it is getting removed to wear one of these beauties!)

EDIT: Thank you, Velvet Frogg for bringing it to my attention that the golden polishes' names are on the wrong bottles.  It came this way here but I must admit the nail polish description makes much more sense when you associate to the right nail lacquer.

5 comments:

  1. I think your Summer Tan and Costa Dorado bottles/brushes are mixed up?! Summer Tan is the sand/yellow one that is opaque and Costa Dorado is the gold topper. Your swatches match what your bottles/caps say but it looks like your caps were switched and put on the wrong bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would make a lot more sense actually! lol I was thinking the exact same thing! The description speaks of gold flecks in the Costa Dorada and it's definitely in the clearer based lacquer than in the opaque one. I just put a coat of that one on my nails and it looks amazing on its own too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of trying this when they open again tomorrow. are there polish 5 free ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking of trying this when they open again tomorrow. are there polish 5 free ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the polishes are 3-free and are very good quality. They stay on my nails without chipping for a good 5 days.

    ReplyDelete