Search This Blog

Friday 10 July 2015

Ipsy July 2015 unboxing

It's that time of the month where I see a pink bubble wrap envelope in my mailbox.  The sight of that envelope automatically brings a smile to my face as I know I will be trying out new beauty products for the whole month.  If you haven't guessed yet, I am talking about my Ipsybag.
For us Canadians, Ipsy is a tad more than 10$/month but not by much more; I end up paying 19.16$ in total (that's with the shipping end all included) and I get to try 5 new beauty products every month.  You'll see that this cost is very cheap in comparison to retail value of the products I have in the bag.
And as if that wasn't enough, you collect points every time you get an Ipsy bag and everything you review the products and the bag, etc.   I was able to redeem some points but I won't be getting that product until next bag.

To subscribe to Ipsy, you can click here (this gives me referral points) or you can subscribe directly with them if you prefer on their website.

Without further ado, here's my Ipsy Bag:

The bag in itself is very colorful and it's teal inside.  I love it and have already re-purposed it to store my pens in my office room. Theme for this month is Summer Loving (as seen on the card)

First thing I pulled out of my bag was the Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
On their website, this product goes for 34$ for 120g.  My sample size is of 20g so the retail value of this product is approximately 5.70$.  This cleanser has the gritty texture of a sugar scrub and has very little fragrance.  My face feels tighter after using it and it is recommended to use it 3-5 times weekly.  I am looking forward to adding that to my regimen.

Next thing I pulled out of my Ipsy Bag is Octavio La Playa  Sea Salt Infused With Algae Extract:
On their website, this product retails at 15.50$ for 4 fl oz.  My sample size is of 2 fl oz and is worth 7.75$.  The scent is floral and it is recommended to use this on damp hair and let it air-dry which I often do (I've got low-maintenance hair) so this will be a great product to try out.

Next product is Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Balm in Ruby
The website retails this at 14$ and I believe I have a full-size product here.  It's hard to know since it doesn't specifically say the size information on the website.  I tried swatching the color but honestly, the color is barely there but that's quite alright with me, I love lip balms and was looking for a new one for awhile.  This one is not sticky and leaves the lips moisturized.  There's no scent/flavor to it and the hint of color is beautiful!

Next product in the bag is Tarte Amazonian Clay waterproof Bronzer in Park Ave Princess
On their website, this retails at 36$ for .32oz. My sample size is at 0.11oz and is worth approximately 12.40$.  This could not have come at a better time; I just got my hair done and I'm now blond and could use a little bit of color in the face.  This is a perfect color for my skin, it makes it looked sun-kissed without the actual effort.  I don't know if anybody else can relate but I don't tan, I burn.  So getting a bronzer in my bag was really awesome!


And finally, my last product is Aurora Gel Effect Nail Lacquer in 4 Alarm Fire
This product is on sale on the website for 7.99$.  I absolutely love the color; it is a pinky-red and it applies well.  My next manicure is definitely that. (actually think I'll be putting it on today!)

So, remember me saying the value of the bag far outweighs its cost?  I paid 19.16$ for a bag of items worth 47.84$ and that's without taking in consideration I got a beautiful make-up bag with it too.  I definitely recommend this subscription!  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to comment below and I'll be sure to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment