Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 June 2015

My Collection + swatches

So I finally got my swatch sticks :)  That makes me happy.  Thought I'd share with you my collection...I divided them by brand and unless I tell you otherwise, all of them are 2 coats except for the glitter toppers (I've only got three of those) and those are 1 coat only. 

I also got my nail polish wall mount, but I'm not skilled when it comes to drilling things in so that will have to wait another day :)

First up are my Julep nail polishes.

 

 From left to right: Joanne, Logan, Ilga, Jessie, Dawn, Francis, Fifi, Chatoya and Sharna

Joanne: Julep describes this as a "smoky plum creme".  It's a beautiful color, great formula.  Have only worn it on my toes so far since it's not a very summery color and I received this in a swap last month.
Logan: Julep describes this as a "sultry aubergine shimmer".  I know it kinda looks black but trust me, it's eggplant colored.  It is very beautiful and one of my favorites.
Ilga: Julep describes this as a "rich bordeaux creme".  Who could go wrong with a red wine color. This is a classic color to own and the formula is fantastic!
Jessie: Julep describes this as a "deep Kalamata creme".  I'm not sure what Kalamata means but if I can describe this, it's a deep deep reddish-purpleish-black.  I am presently using it as a base for a glitter topper because this is the closest I have to a black at the moment.

Dawn: Julep describes this as a "citron creme".  The formula is a tad patchy with this one; thin coats work best.  I have only put two coats on swatch stick but on my nails, I swear by three.  I love the color, I wish it was easier to work with.
Francis: Julep describes this as a "celery green creme".  This is absolutely gorgeous and formula is fantastic...could be a 1-coater.  This one makes me think of spring.
Fifi: Julep describes this as a "tea-time pink creme".  This is another nail polish that is hard to work with; I put two coats on swatch stick but swear by three or four on my nails.  It is quite sheer but the color is so pretty it is worth the hassle.  Love using it as a base too.
Chatoya: Julep describes this as a "bright platinum glitter top coat".  Despite Julep calling this a top coat, you can get this opaque with 2-3 coats but I absolutely love topping it over other colors.  This is also a textured finish; it feels like sandpaper when dry.
Sharna: Julep describes this as a"bronze-dipped full coverage micro-glitter". If you can't tell by the picture, I've abused of this color lol  I really really love this on my nails; it looks like sand.  If it was still available on the Julep website, I would so get another of this one.  Also feels like sandpaper once dry.

Next up, are my Rainbow Honey nail polishes:
Left to right: Aqua Cristalina, Neon Yoshimi, Tsukimi, Juicy Orange Pop, Laguna Grande, Cuprum Veritas, Delphine, Thallo Bot.

Aqua Cristalina: Rainbow Honey describes this as "glitter topper with heavy aqua and holographic glitters in a crystal clear base".  Been absolutely loving this glitter topper; it looks fantastic over everything I've paired it with so far!
Neon Yoshimi:Rainbow Honey describes this as "full of black, white and neon blast of bright glitters in varying sizes sorinkled with iridescence to make your manicure pop".  I've also abused of this topper.  the colors are just so fun and look good on a variety of colors.  It absolutely does make your manicures pop.
Tsukimi:Rainbow Honey describes this as "shimmery violet sea of holo and iridescent glitters".  Let me start with the bad stuff; the formula SUCKS!  it's super goopy and does not apply evenly and if that's not enough, it chips pretty fast (inside the same day)...unless you apply on top of a different nail polish, in which case it lasts for quite some time.  The colors you get in this polish are amazing!  If you apply thin coats, you should be rewarded with an amazing manicure.  It makes me think of raspberry jam for some reason...
Juicy Orange Pop:Rainbow Honey describes this as "a luscious bright, orange soda jelly ".  this color made me sooo excited to try it on I wore it for three weeks in a row, no jokes.  As you can see it's now almost halfway done.  Consistency is great as long as you apply thinly.

Laguna Grande: Rainbow Honey describes this as "a midnight swim, illuminating teal blue".  This one is an absolute beauty!  Have worn this twice in the two short months since it came into my life :)
Cuprum Veritas: Rainbow Honey describes this as "a shiny copper bullion you can wear on your nails".  This copper color is great, a tad sheer.. need two thick coats or three thin ones to make it opaque but absolutely worth the effort, it is very pretty.
Delphine: Rainbow Honey describes this as "a pastel blueberry creme packed with their signature shimmer blend".  This is a very beautiful color and surprisingly opaque in 2 coats as it is such a light color.  You can see the shimmer in the bottle but sadly, once it dries on the nail, it becomes sparse.  It is still worth it as a creme minus the shimmer.
Thallo Bot: Rainbow Honey describes this as a "metallic summer green beauty".  This reminds me a lot of Julep's Francis except it has a lot of shimmer.  I love the color very much!

Up next are my Sinful Colors:
Left to right: Feel the Vibe, Let's Talk, Let Me Go, Unwrap Me

Feel The Vibe:Sinful Colors describes this as "Orange is the new Black.". It is quite vibrant and quite beautiful.  For some reason, I find it to be more of a pumpkin orange color (fall) than a summer color... am I alone to think this?  That said, be careful; a good base coat is needed as this will stain your nails.
Let's Talk: Sinful Colors describes this as "Dark Violet Shimmering Purple". This color is to die for!  every time I wear it, I get people asking me about my nails.  It stands out so much and gets opaque in two coats!
Let Me Go:Sinful Colors describes this as "a purple and blue shimmer".  This is lovely on its own in three coats.  It is absolutely gorgeous on top of other manicures to transform the look into something you'd expect the least.  It is a must-have for your collection.
Unwrap Me:Sinful Colors describes this as "a mix or black and red hex glitter with smaller black glitter in clear base".  This is another nail polish I abused of.  It's nearly half-empty.  It looks good on just about anything and no, it does not have to be Christmas time to use this one.

Some Odds and Ends:

 Left to right: Wet n Wild The Wonder Yellows, Wet n Wild Burgundy Frost, ACO Deep Sleep


Wet n Wild The Wonder Yellows: unfortunately did not find a Wet n Wild cooperative website to quote their description but here goes my take.  It's a shimmery golden yellow and it's an absolute must fun.  It's by far my favorite yellow in my collection.  Granted, I only have two but I bet there's no other yellow that can beat it.  Plus the brush is amazing and thick.
Wet n Wild Burgundy Frost: Again, same applies as previous nail polish, I need to describe it on my own.  This is pretty much self-explained though, it's burgundy and it has a frosty shimmer.  I love this color even though it's quite similar to Julep Ilga, I just can't seem to be able to part with it.
ACO Deep Sleep: this is another tough one to find online; I got this bottle at Ardene I think 3 years ago.  It's a beautiful shimmery dark blue.  I'm surprised I don't wear this that often.  Swatching it today made me realize how stunning this is and understand why I bought it in the first place.  The formula on this is great and I've rarely had any issues with Ardene's nail polish.It kinda makes me want to go shop there to look at their new colors...hmmm

Finally, a friend gave me some loose glitters to add to my manicures.  I am drawn to that purple glitter... perhaps Deep Sleep with purple dusted on top?  hmmm I think so!

There you have it, my entire nail polish collection with room to grow ;)  Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment