Search This Blog

Saturday 13 June 2015

Ipsy June 2015

Ipsy is a make-up subscription bag that comes once a month.  So far, I've received both of my ipsy bags on the second week of the month.  It costs me 19.20$ per month(that's with the shipping and in Canadian currency) and I receive 5 items that can range from sample size to full-sized products and they come in a cut make-up bag!

I've been subscribed to Ipsy for three months now and have not been disappointed once.  My Ipsy came in on Thursday and I already repurposed the make-up bag as a pencil case at work... so, unfortunately, I don't have a picture of mine right now but here is a picture I found online of what it looks like.

Pay no mind to the make-up shown on the side as I have different items in my bag.  The bag is cute, smooth black with a nice coral zip on the top.  Love it!

The first item I pulled out of my bag was Keratherapy - Keratin infused Daily Smoothing Cream:

Full sized product is 24$ and is about four times the size of my sample. Retail value of this sample is approximately 6S.  This smells great and leaves the hair feeling silky smooth.  Love this and would consider buying the full sized product.  Alex is now a fan as well and has been using it daily.

Next item I pulled out of the bag was Dr. brandt Pores No More vacuum cleaner:



Full sized product is 55$ and is four times the size of my sample.  Retail value of this sample is approximately 11$.  This product is a godsend!  It cleans out pores like it's nobody's business and leaves the face feeling silky and tight after each use.  Alex also tried this product and loved it!  Would definitely purchase this item again.

Next item I pulled out of the bag was Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer:

Travel sized product is 19$ and it twice the size of my sample.  Retail value of this sample is approximately 9.50$.  I've never really used primer before so I can't really compare it with anything from my past but this definitely has a nice texture and does apply evenly to the face.  I love how soft my face feels after applying it.  No smell to this product either, which is definitely a good thing.  Would I repurchase this?  Probably not, just not a typical primer kind of girl.  But it is a nice product to try out.


Next product I pulled out of the bag it Trestique Mini Shadow Crayon in Venetian Gold:

 Mini Shadow Trio retails at 32$ so one crayon would value at approximately 11$.  Here is a swatch of Venetian Gold on my hand



 This applies well and is a great color for my hazel eyes, it definitely brings out the gold speckles in my eyes.  I love this product and am absolutely considering purchasing other colors from Trestique.

Finally, the last product I pulled out of my bag was J. Cat Beauty's Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain in Blow Your Mind:

This is a full sized product and it retails at 5.99$.  This is hyper-pigmented and definitely is a lovely color.  I did not swatch it because I will likely swap this out with someone interested in it.  I personally like nude or light pink colors or sheer colors that don't stand out too much.  Just a personal preference as I am sure this product is fantastic, just not my cup of tea.

All in all, this bag is fantastic with a retail value of over 43$ while I paid less than half that price and I am using all of the products except the lip stain!  Super impressed with my Ipsy Bag and looking forward to next one!  If you want to subscribe to Ipsy, you can sign-up here!

Any questions or recommendations?

Lydie

No comments:

Post a Comment