Search This Blog

Thursday 6 October 2016

Julep Maven October 2016 Unboxing

I was happy to see my Julep Maven box greeting me on my front doorstep when I came back home from a fairly busy day at work.  Painting my nails is one of the things I like to do when I do self-care after a trying day and I was really looking forward to some new colors.  So this came in at the right time!

Julep is a monthly nail polish and beauty product subscription at a reasonable price of 24.99$/month.  If you sign up on the 3-month plan (pay for three months all at once), it costs 19.99$/month. Subscribers get to pick their choice of beauty product and nail polish on the 20th of every month and get billed on the 27th.  They are also free to skip a month if needed.  You have the opportunity to add items in your box as well and if you add three, you get a bonus gift.  Also, you ave the opportunity to upgrade the box to get a bigger part of the collection, or the whole collection for a little bit extra.

Surprisingly, this month I did things a bit differently than previous months...the focus of my box was beauty products instead of nail polish...BUT...I got some add-ons with my Jules points so all I ended up paying for the extra items was 4.99$.  Ok, I digress.. let's start the review.

 These first two items were items I chose to be part of my Maven box.

On the left is Night Shift - Deep Sleep Facial Mask (RV 34$).  I got this because it's that time of the year when my skin starts getting dry and patchy and was hoping this may help me keep it under control.  It mentions to use 1-2 times a week while you're sleeping for brighter, smoother and firmer skin.

On the right is What Your Skin Needs - Restorative Facial Milk (RV 38$). I wish I could link you directly to this product page but there's a technical issue on the website that won't allow me to view it...I've been eyeing this product ever since I joined Julep and I'm glad to give it a go; this product received rave reviews.  I'm hoping that this, with the Night Shift Mask, will help me keep my skin moisturized and hydrated.

This month, all subscribers got a bonus item in their box: Desiree (RV 14$).  This is described as a high-gloss holographic topcoat.

The middle polish is the one I picked for this box.  You know how I can't resist holographic nail polish so when I saw Ebony (RV 14$), I knew I had to get it.  This is described as a graphite holographic.

The last polish in the line-up is actually my free gift for getting three add-ons.  Unfortunately, I already have Colton (RV 14$) so I will likely be sharing this with a friend.  This is described as a black iris creme polish.

And here are my add-ons.  Keep in mind I only paid 4.99$ extra for these three since I had some points to redeem.

First up is Scarlett (RV 14$) described as a vibrant red micro-glitter metallic.  Scarlet was my nickname when I was in high school so I thought it would be neat to have this in my collection.  Bonus, it's absolutely stunning!

Middle polish is Blushing (RV 14$) described as a peach tulle sheer cream.  I've been really liking sheer nude colors on nails lately and decided I needed to own more.  This totally fits the bill.

And the last polish is Joss (RV 14$) described as a ripe fig duochrome.  After holographic polishes, duochromes (and multichromes) are the next type of polishes I cannot resist.  Not for any reason I fell in love with this one.  Very beautiful!

And here is a picture of the swatches.  Obviously it's hard to see Desiree and Blushing for obvious reasons and sadly, my picture does not do justice to these beautiful colors.  I will definitely be putting one of these on tonight.

That concludes this month's Julep Maven's unboxing.  Retail value of this box is 156$ and all I paid for it was 19,99$ + 4.99$ for add-ons (approx. 25$).  This subscription packs so much value and I'm always impressed by what I get.  I recommend it whole-heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment