Search This Blog

Monday 18 July 2016

Chroma Club July 2016

Hello everybody, I have a new review for you today; this is for Chroma Club.  I've always enjoyed coloring books so for me to subscribe to a monthly coloring book club, I think it's highly worth it.  Also, I've been waiting to hear news about when another of my subscription boxes will officially launch and still have no news on that, so I was really itching to get a new coloring book in hand to draw some more during my vacation.


Chroma Club is a fairly new subscription (5 months in) and it gives you a themed coloring book to your door every month.  It costs 8$ per month and you do get a variety of designs to color to your fancy.  I got 9 in my book but uncertain if the number will be roughly that next time too.  This month's theme, as you can see, is Fireworks
You can get 2$ off your first box by clicking on this link (note, this also gives me a 2$ credit on my next month)

I'm unsure how to review this subscription, as I don't want to show you pictures of every uncolored design (unless that's what you want?).  I'll opt for my top three designs for this month.  I'll add a little fact about coloring with each picture if it helps.

This is the first one.  Why I love it?  There's so much happening in this picture; it will be so easy to get lost in the task of coloring.  Coloring is known to be a great way to relieve anxiety and take the mind off things.  I think this should do the trick.

This is my second pick.  Why I love it?  It's nice and wavy and could easily break out all the coloring pencils to fill it in.  I already have visions of what I want to do with it... (mini-rainbows anybody?)  Did you know coloring has similar benefits for your brain than meditation does? In fact, coloring helps the brain slow down while it focuses on the task.  Pretty neat, right?

This is my third pick.  Why I love it?  I just find this cute for some reason and I would love to color patterns on these.  Last fact about coloring: well this one is obvious... it is a fairly cheap activity that can be enjoyed just about anywhere and anytime.

Please let me know in the comments down below if you have any suggestions on how you'd like me to review this subscription.  I am definitely open to trying out a different format next month.  Hope you have an excellent month of July!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review Lydie, and to answer your question Yes we have 9 coloring pages per month. We're also trying to incorporate more color-able elements in the mostly-text opening page starting this next (August) book. If you make it out of the first page and onto the rainbows we'd love to see what you did with them :) in any case have a great day.

    - Chroma Club team

    ReplyDelete