Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 June 2016

LEVEL UP+ Wearables June 2016

I used to be subscribed to Loot Crate a few years ago, but sadly unsubscribed since I realized the only item I truly appreciated was the t-shirt they included every month.  It was pretty cool and full of geeky stuff, but if the month's theme was something you're completely oblivious about, it made for a pretty bad box.  Fast forward to today and Loot Crate now has many options available for their subscribers in order to ensure they get items/themes to their liking.  Let me go through them quickly before getting to the gist of this blog post.  An FYI, the links I have posted on this blog post gives you 5$ off any Loot Crate subscription (included the one I am subscribed to).

Loot Crate : this still offer the original boxing which ends up being 13.95$ + 6.00$ shipping (19.95$) and you get a themed box where you are sure to get a t-shirt, collectibles and gadgets.  This month's theme was Dystopia.

Loot Crate DX: this is the same Loot Crate experience but better with a bigger assortment of geeky goods, including apparel, pop figures, collectibles and home goods.  This one is a tad more expensive at 44.95$ + 5.00$ shipping (49.95$)  but I hear it's highly worth it.  This box follows Loot Crate's theme of Dystopia.

Loot Anime: This is the same principle as Loot Crate but it's themed around Anime. This one costs 24.95$ +5.00$ shipping (29.95$) and theme for this month is Victory featuring items from Splatoon, Free! and Yowamushi Pedal.

Loot Gaming: Again, same principle as regular Loot Crate but this one is based on Gaming (classic and new release alike).  This one costs 24.95$ +5.00$ shipping (29.95$) and theme for this month is Arena and includes items from Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, DOTA 2 and Street Fighter 5.

Loot Pets:  Now you can geek out your pets!  Apparel, toys, treats and accessories for your pet with geeky references.  This one is 19.95$ +5$ shipping ( 14.95$) and the theme this month is Dogtopia.

Firefly Cargo: This one is a bi-monthly crate that sends out official Firefly Gear and Collectibles.  Every crate is 34.95$ +5$ shipping (39.95$) and next box is themed Little Damn Heroes.

Halo Legendary Crate: has not been released yet but there's the possibility to receive an email when they officially launch.

Loot Crate also has Limited Editions Crates:  Ghostbusters (55$), Star Wars (100$), and Call of Duty (100$).


Okay, so what is it I'm subscribed to?  Well, I didn't even cover that yet!  Loot Crate has another form of subscription called LVL Up+ which earns you some geeky apparel delivered to you on a monthly basis.  Now since there are a few options, I'll cover these for you.

First, there's Loot Socks at 9.99$ (shipping included) where you get two pairs of geeky, comfy stylish socks every month.  This month's sock spoiler is : Star Trek and Fall Out.

Then, there's Loot Tees at 8.99$ (shipping included) which earns you a geeky t-shirt every month.  This month's t-shirt spoiler is District 9.

There's Loot for Her at 14.99 (shipping included) where you can get anything like scarves, jewelry, tote bags, leggins, etc.  This month's spoilers are : Attack on the Titans and Firefly.

And last but not least, there's Loot Wearables at 14.99$ (shipping included) which can include anything from hoodies, lounge pants, polos and long sleeve shirts.  This month's spoiler is Ghostbusters.  I am subscribed to this one.

You can also decide to bundle up some of these options for a better price : Loot Wearables + Loot Socks (20.99$),  or Loot for Her+ Loot Tees (19.99$).

I know this overview of Loot Crate possibilities has been long, and I promise not to go through all of that again next month.  Now on to the actual review!

The envelope came with a large poster showing pictures and describing the possible loot for the month.  I kinda wish I was subscribed to the socks and wearables bundle, because I like those Star Trek socks...oh well.


So this month's Wearable included an Exclusive Ghostbusters Baseball Jersey.  Here's a view from the front and back of the shirt.  I believe 84 refers to the year the first Ghostbusters movie came out.  While I really enjoy Ghostbusters, baseball jerseys are not my favorite style.  I'll be more likely to wear this to lounge around the house or when I go to friends for game nights.  I like it though and it is quite comfortable.

That said, since I kind of regretted not signing up with the Wearable and Socks bundle, I decided to upgrade my subscription for next month...and we already have a sneak peek for the theme for July!!

July's theme is Futuristic and here are hints for the various Level Up subscriptions:

Loot Socks: will feature socks from Rick and Morty and Megaman.
Loot Tees: will feature a Voltron t-shirt
Loot Wearables: will feature an item from Futurama.
Loot for Her: will feature an item(s) from Bioshock Infinite.

The items I am subscribed to are shows I am well acquainted with so I am pretty sure they will be greatly appreciated!  That concludes this month's review.  As always, any comments or questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment