Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Julep Maven June 2016 unboxing

My Julep box was a tad late this month (about 10 days later than usual).  I'm never too worried about shipment though because I know the box will show up one day or another.  It was showing up as shipment data uploaded for at least two weeks before showing any sign of shipment.  Funny enough, the day I contacted Julep, the package started moving within minutes of the contact.  All that to say, I am very happy to have it in my hands right now...But before I talk to you about what I got in this month's box, let me tell you a little about this subscription.
(don't mind the flyer, Alex is actually the one that took this picture!)

 Julep is a monthly nail polish and beauty product subscription at a reasonable price of 24.99$/month.  If you sign up on the 3-month plan (pay for three months all at once), it costs 19.99$/month. Subscribers get to pick their choice of beauty product and nail polish on the 20th of every month and get billed on the 27th.  They are also free to skip a month if needed.  You have the opportunity to add items in your box as well and if you add three, you get a bonus gift.  Also, you ave the opportunity to upgrade the box to get a bigger part of the collection, or the whole collection.

This month, I had two polishes and one make-up product, as well as 3 add-ons.  First, the items from the collection:

 We've got Julep Lorraine (on the left) (RV 14$ or 11.20$ for Mavens) which is described as a mulberry passion microshimmer.  This beauty is a one coat wonder; simply amazing!  I did end up trying two coats on my nails to see if it deepened the color but it really did nothing extra; it's fine with just one coat.  It has quite a thick formula though, so it is best to limit the amount of polish on the brush.

The second one is Julep Naveena (on the right) (RV 14$ or 11.20$ for Mavens) which is described as a lush jungle teal jelly. My nail swatch is two coats, but since it's a jelly, I assume you could build it up to the desired opacity.  I have a creme polish similar to this color but I must admit, I do prefer the jelly format; I just love that squishy look jelly polishes have.


The makeup item is Skip the Brush - Creme-to-Powder Blush Stick in the color Sweet Peach (RV 24$ or 19.20$ for Mavens).  You can see a swatch of the color on the right.  Keep in mind this is only a stripe, I did not blend it on my arm.  I did try it on my cheeks and the look is subtle but quite gorgeous.  Makes me want to grab a few darker colors of this product.  I quite love the formula too.

So if we consider this, my 19,95$ box has products totaling the value of 52.00$; pretty awesome in my opinion.  And as always, I grabbed three add-ons to get a free gift (I really can't resist free gifts and I really wanted to try two of these products).  Also, with the fact I got the whole collection last month, I have a few Jules points to use up, so the only thing I ended up paying for was the polish at 4.95$.  I'll tally up the value of the add-ons at the end to show how awesome of a deal this was for me.

When Julep announced they were releasing a Nail Polish Thinner, I knew I had to get it. Some of my favorite colors have started to thicken and have become a bit difficult to work with so this will be really nice to prolong their use.  Voila is 14$ or 11.20$ for Mavens and is quite simple to use: simply add 2-3 drops in a polish bottle, shake and continue to use the polish as per usual.

Next item I've been eyeing for awhile was this Julep Clean Slate Polish Corrector Pen (10$ or 8$ for Mavens).  This pen comes with three refill tips for cleaning.  I've already used it with my newest manicure and have to say it is easy to use and works really well!  This will likely become one of my staple items for add-ons.

Last but not least, the polishes.  On the left is Saaya (14$ or 11.20$ for Mavens) is a golden apricot shimmer.  This polish was my free gift this month.  At first, I thought it was very similar to Nayely but when I put it side by side, I notice Saaya is more orange and lighter than Nayely.  Gorgeous color nonetheless.

And on the right is Twiggy (14$ or 11.20$ for Mavens) which is described as a mauve frost.  What drew me in to this color is the "frost" formula which I don't presently own...While I like this color, the brush strokes are quite visible and I am not a big fan of that visibility.  This may be a color best sponged on?  Still happy to have it though, since I have nothing quite like it in my collection.

So, all those add-ons total a value of 52.00$ and I got them for 4.95$; pretty fantastic!  And in total, the box's value is 104$.  Julep is pretty fantastic at giving bang for their buck and I'm very seldom disappointed.  That concludes this month's Julep unboxing; thank you for reading me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment