Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Julep Maven January 2016 Unboxing

 Was surprised when Alex informed me my Julep Maven Box was in the mail today since I had yet to receive shipment confirmation.  I was not expecting it at all!  BUT, I am not complaining.  After my first day back at work, this is a great surprise to come back home to.

For those of you unfamiliar with Julep, it is a monthly nail polish and beauty product subscription at a reasonable price of 24.99$/month.  If you sign up on the 3-month plan (pay for three months all at once), it costs you 19.99$/month. Subscribers get to pick their choice of beauty product and nail polish on the 20th of every month and get billed on the 27th.  They are also free to skip a month if needed.

Here's what my box looked like when I first opened it:
 Ya! that`s some Junior Mints you see right there and they were a small but delicious treat :)


So first item I selected was It`s Balm Lip Crayon in Nectar Pink Crème valued at  20.00$.  As you probably know already, I am not a big fan of lip products but for some reason, I really can`t resist trying new products from Julep.  I figured it`s a lip balm, so it won`t be too deep in color and I`m right.. it`s a light sheer look that moisturizes the lips and I think it smells/taste like vanilla (am I wrong?).  I really like this..in fact, I like it a lot more than the whipped matte lip color of last month.

The first two nail polishes were part of the box, one of the last two polishes was the mystery nail polish add-on and the other was a bonus gift.  All polishes are 14.00$.

First, we have Marika described as a stone matte metallic.  I got this gorgeous color opaque in just one coat!  Who can blame me for picking this color.

Then there`s Tali which is a glacier breeze linear liquid holographic.  Let me be honest, I have never owned a holographic nail polish so when one was made available for the January box, I jumped on it.  This is super pretty!  In fact, I am putting this on as soon as the review is up.

Next, we have Janae which is a cool charcoal creme.  Looks very nice and I don`t think I own any grey colors so this is a great addition.

And last there`s Juliana which is a pink grapefruit sheer iridescent.  This is very sheer, so I can see this used to add dimension to other manicures or worn on its own but it will need 2-3 coats to reach full opacity.

And last add-ons I grabbed were nail art stickers.  I was imagining Lizanne with the golden one and possibly Tali with the snowflake one.  But my nails are a bit short at the moment so these will have to wait.  They were 3.95$ each in the Julep box selection.

The lip balm alone covers the cost of the box so I am pretty happy with this month`s selection.  The add-ons were also quite good.  Looking forward to seeing what next month has in store for us :)


No comments:

Post a Comment